No announcement yet.

The ttraaaanzzz lyffe and TTijmes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh. This is actually a problem that's quite hard to ignore, even though I've done my best by muting her name on Twitter and unfollowing accounts that go on about her too much. Oh well, I'm pretty sure most of us will be dead of poverty/climate/war stuff before they have time to set up the camps.

I've noticed the bigoted Green candidates and I've also noticed how our fairweather friends such as Womack and Berry have been silent on them.

Comment

Yeah, the Greens are way too tolerant of bigots in their ranks.

(I meant the ex-comedy writer fascist)

Comment

Is he in one of those weirdo Fash twitter platforms now? I'm sure fuckin Facebook will never ban him of course.

Comment

You mean Parler? I think I heard he tried to start up his own one.

Currently feeling queasy about the calm, implacable hatred of Baroness Nicholson, a member of the fucking House of Lords and mate of Roiling who is quite open regarding her intentions to strip trans people of any right to live in our genders. I hate this place. I know that surveys show a good plurality of the British public are OK with trans people but when the overwhelming majority of the media establishment and the majority of the political establishment who actually express any opinion are set against you you fucking fear. This is one reason I hate Starmer - under Corbyn Labour had people like Dawn Butler who made one feel that we had genuine friends in at least somwhat influential places, and while the party was still accepting of transphobes they were mostly fairly marginalised. Now I hardly ever hear a peep of support out of any political figure. I'm 48 and a toughened old bird, I can't imagine how this feels for trans youth.

Comment

This is a useful debunking of the pseudo-scientific ideas about "Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria" aka "parents being shocked that their child has come out as trans" recently advanced by an author of popular children's books.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...misinformation

Comment

This is a very good and sobering thread on the level of organisation and sheer busyness of anti-trans activists.

https://twitter.com/BellaRizinti/status/1289504596910436352

Comment

Thanks for the link, and the efforts you make to keep us informed about what’s going on, as others have mentioned on
                other threads.

Comment

In some good news, Joanna Cherry has been "blocked" (She would have to resign as an MP if selected) from standing as an SNP MSP in Embra Central. Expect to see the malignant bastard turn up fronting some transphobe/Salmondite Wings Over Scotland hideous Bigots for Indy micro party soon.
                  Last edited by Lang Spoon; 01-08-2020, 14:02.

Comment

Predictably, much of the Twitter reaction has been to lambast the SNP for becoming too "woke", and claiming Sturgeon fears a leadership challenge.

Comment

Fuck the online zoomers.

Comment

There is an increasing serious problem in which hyper-reactionary dark money raised in the US (where doing do is facilitated by our tax and disclosure laws) is being used to bring the culture wars to other countries.

This has been a real problem in sub-Saharan Africa for a while, but is increasingly becoming a thing in Europe

Comment

I genuinely cannot understand what motivates someone to become a transphobe activist to the point where it costs them considerable time and money to pursue their hate campaigns. Why choose this hill to die on when there are so many others?

It seems comparable to Holocaust denial in motivation (denial of all facts and logic because they do not fit your hate agenda, and cruel lack of empathy for those whom are hurt by your campaign), except far better organized.
                          Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 01-08-2020, 15:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                            Expect to see the malignant bastard turn up fronting some transphobe/Salmondite Wings Over Scotland hideous Bigots for Indy micro party soon.
                            There is already one registered with the Electoral Commission (Independence for Scotland, ex-SNP anti-trans bigot Colette Walker). And another pending registration (Alliance for Yes, ex-SNP Dave Thompson, allied to the shitty bigoted Salmond wing). I was told there were three, but I can't find the third.

Comment

The Wings Party is still being mooted by that disgusting Stuart Campbell wee nyaff, he'll prob just crowdfund grift his zoomer tartan gammon followers then find logistical reasons for not setting up the party. Like living in fucking Bath or having to declare spending to the Electoral Commission.
                              Last edited by Lang Spoon; 01-08-2020, 17:12.

Comment

Craig Murray has followed a typically quixotic course for an anti Trans bigot and instead of joining a micro bigot group has applied (again, he failed vetting previously) to become an SNP candidate in the spring, to "save" the party from those Wokeus Dei types who are insufficiently Pro Salmond or motivated for Indy Now. He is a creep of the highest order, and his music festival is famously shite at paying the bands they book.

Really hope he does time for Contempt after his disgraceful reporting of the Salmond case.
                                Last edited by Lang Spoon; 01-08-2020, 17:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                  I genuinely cannot understand what motivates someone to become a transphobe activist to the point where it costs them considerable time and money to pursue their hate campaigns. Why choose this hill to die on when there are so many others?
                                  Agree with every word of this, and what makes it even more galling is that so many of them seem to believe that they're otherwise politically (or socially) 'liberal' and/or 'feminist' (I'm using those words broadly to the point of euphemistically, there), when what they've really done is open yet another front in this culture war that we're constantly being assaulted with every time anyone who isn't a frothing bigot raises their voice.

I've severed ties with friends over this, and I don't have too many of those to give away. I guess as much as I can do is try to marginalise their voices and bring my kids up properly. The older one loves trains, crashing cars in video games, sparkly things, rainbows, and unicorns. I bought him a pink toy unicorn last week and he lost his shit. It's not difficult, though - you let them choose the things they love, so long as they're age-appropriate and safe. They're not allowed toy guns. That's the only thing I can think of off the top my head that's a hard stop, for me.

All this 'bathroom' stuff. People are seriously *worried* about that? They don't see what a stupid myth it is? Give me strength.

Comment

Labour MP Rosie Duffield (who has previous for bloviating nonsense) has run into some trouble for saying "I know only women have a cervix." Sadly, this shows all the signs of being presented as a 'she offended those touchy trans people' thing, rather than what it is - ignorance that can have far-reaching negative effects on essential healthcare. Katelyn Burns talks about it on this thread:-

https://twitter.com/transscribe/status/1289526376295407617

Comment

A blog post on the same topic, which makes the point that 'individuals with a cervix' is analogous phrasing to e.g. 'men who have sex with men'. And apparently it was P Morgan who kicked off the trash response here, rather than Duffield.

https://anarchasteminist.wordpress.c...-piers-morgan/

Comment

And the People Who Menstruate blog, with stories from trans men, non-binary and intersex people.

https://www.peoplewhomenstruate.co.uk/my-blog

Comment

And here is a thread where one trans man recounts his experience of seeking healthcare while trans.

https://twitter.com/mjt273/status/1289637277006626817

Comment

So, my daughter has started reading the Harry Potter books. Given recent conversations on here re: JK Rowling I'm viewing some of it in a different light.

In particular, the books themselves very strongly demonstrate why any fear over trans access to bathrooms is ridiculous. Hear me out.

In case anyone has been living under a rock, this contains plenty of Harry Potter spoilers.

In the philosopher's stone, when Hermione Granger is in the supposed "safe space" of a girls only set of toilets, it is first invaded by a troll, then Harry and Ron come into the bathroom to help rescue her, then Professor Granger, Professor Snape and Professor Quirrell with Voldemort on the back of his head, blunder into the toilets.

In chamber of secrets, Hermione, Ron and Harry spend months in the girls toilets brewing polyjuice potion. Later they discover that the toilet is actually the entrance to the chamber of secrets and force Gilderoy Lockhart to come there with them. We also find out that 30 years or so previously Tom Riddle must have entered the girls bathroom to originally find the secret entrance and Moaning Myrtle was murdered by a basilisk under Tom Riddle's control in the toilets.

In goblet of fire, Moaning Myrtle spies on both Cedric Diggory and Harry Potter in the supposedly male only prefects bathroom while they are bathing, possibly naked, and trying to uncover the secrets of the egg that will give them a clue about the tournament. So supposedly male only spaces also do not remain so.

A few things I take from this. The books prove that, as always, it is possible for anyone of any gender to enter any bathroom. There has never been anything stopping them and no law relating to transgender individuals will make any difference to this. I also take away that JK Rowling is rather preoccupied with toilets and bathrooms. I can't think of another series which has so many important events in them.

Incidentally, there is one girls only space in Hogwarts that is protected. The staircase up to the Gryffindor girls dormitories sets off a klaxon alarm and turns into a slide whenever a boy tries to climb the stairs as Ron and Harry discover in Order of the Phoenix. The boys staircase does not do the same if a girl tries to climb it. So JK Rowling has always had a bit of an obsession with girls needing to be protected from boys. Perhaps in her ideal world all toilets would be located upstairs and have a similar alarm system in place.

Comment

Also, in the deathly hallows, the entrance to the ministry of magic is via two separate public toilets, women have to go via the ladies toilets and men have to go via the gentlemen's toilets. I tell you, the woman is obsessed with toilets.

Comment

After publishing all the books, JK Rowling went even more doolally and claimed on her pottermore website that historically, before the invention of plumbing, witches and wizards at Hogwarts simply defecated wherever and whenever they felt like it and then vanished the evidence with magic. Obsessed, I tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post

It seems comparable to Holocaust denial in motivation (denial of all facts and logic because they do not fit your hate agenda, and cruel lack of empathy for those whom are hurt by your campaign), except far better organized.
                                                  In the case of Graham Linehan, I genuinely think his descent into madness started when he read online criticism of his clumsy writing of a trans woman in the IT Crowd and refused to accept there was anything wrong with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
                                                    JK Rowling has always had a bit of an obsession with girls needing to be protected from boys. Perhaps in her ideal world all toilets would be located upstairs and have a similar alarm system in place.
                                                    This isn't the thread to discuss it, but i don't think it's wrong that 'girls' should feel 'protected' from 'boys' in certain spaces. The data really aren't clear about whether unstaffed gender-neutral toilets are safe, and until they are proven to be so, it's not unreasonable for women to want a separate place to do their stuff. But this has nothing to do with the topic at hand, since trans women, like all women, may use women's toilets.

In my ideal world, public toilets would be staffed, rather than alarmed, and definitely located on the ground floor.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X