Bad Mood Mornings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Mood Mornings

Here's a thing. I have a history of depression but it is under control due to Fluoxetine (prozac) and my positive thinking routines. However, I have bad dreams and feel extremely vulnerable when I wake up. It takes a huge effort to get over that fug and feel able to hit a routine.

I was wondering if any fellow posters had a similar pattern and how they deal with it.

I think it is connected to:

1) Prozac suppresses the fears but it obviously wears off during sleep
    2) Dreams are how our fears surface, so waking is a bad experience naturally
    3) Memories of school dread. I am waking in the same state I did when I was 11-13 and terrified of school (which is where my depression is rooted).

Apparently, fluoxitine doesn't affect your dreams according to the medical advice I've received.

This thread, and other anecdotal evidence would suggest otherwise...

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno
      That sucks. I wonder if a drug wearing off makes one more likely to have bad or weird dreams? I think I've heard that said about cannabis if you're a regular user and then quit. How long do you tend to stay in bed after you wake up?
      I get up asap otherwise it gets more difficult to get up the longer I stay in bed.

Comment

I don't think prozac wears off like that because it's not a fast-acting drug. The drug will treat the part of your depression that is related to seratonin levels, but it's important to use in conjunction with therapy, because there could be other factors contributing to your mental state. The positive thinking routines are helpful, but they won't help you work through whatever the issues are that are causing your anxiety and low mood.

Comment

Working...
        X