Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zimbabwe and the USA - alone in endorsing the sale of baby elephants.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Lillies. Have to consider them.

Comment

Oh there's a hell of a lot about sheep. I remember reading somewhere, that perhaps the reason for the lack of positive mentions for dogs, was that in the aftermath of the bronze age collapse, you suddenly had large packs of wild dogs wandering around the region, and these were a serious problem for any herders.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
        Oh there's a hell of a lot about sheep. I remember reading somewhere, that perhaps the reason for the lack of positive mentions for dogs, was that in the aftermath of the bronze age collapse, you suddenly had large packs of wild dogs wandering around the region, and these were a serious problem for any herders.
        The Bronze age collapse was uneven in several areas and most places recovered pretty quickly.

Comment

Oh god only knows what happened for much of that time. They stopped writing things down so it gets presented as an enormous dark age. But this is one of those things that applies to nearly every lengthy period of upheaval be it war/plague/famine depopulation. It's the thing that's missing from all the post apocalyptic tv shows that are so popular on telly. If some thing bad happens to a large group of people their dogs survive and have to make their own way, in the only way they know how, and a lot of the time they didn't have any predators. One of the fundamental steps in re-establishing order and agriculture involves a lot of wild dog killing,

one thing that is certain about the bronze age collapse, is that the trade routes between Ireland and afghanistan went quiet for about a thousand years. it's difficult to express how surprised archaeologists were to find lapis lazuli in among bronze age burial goods.

Comment

I only learned about the Bronze Age collapse recently. Seems like that should have been included in my history education in school.

Comment

Working...
            X