No announcement yet.

Small wins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a 4-pack of KitKat Chunkys on the go, and nearly broke a few teeth biting into the third one. This turned out to be because it was solid chocolate with nary a wafer layer in sight.

Thought I'd save it until I could post this small happy fortune on this thread. Opened the fourth one to eat instead, and this time snapped the two bars apart to show the inside for photographic comparison purposes – and lo and behold it's solid chocolate too!

Bar #3 (centre) and #4 (left pair), with normal one (right). I don't know how this happens, but it's pretty cool.

Makes you wonder what went wrong on the production line, and if there were dozens or hundreds of moulds that got filled with chocolate in the absence of any wafer, and if so whether the rest all got tipped straight into the seconds bin or whether they made it to the shops too.

Comment

Bohemians have a weekly 4 number lottery, if the jackpot isn't won, 3 numbers shares €300 .This week I had 3 numbers, unfortunately so had 12 other people, so instead of €300,I won the princely sum of €22.50! Good enough for a few pints and chips on the way home I suppose.

Comment

A few small wins today.

The market was selling two massive punnets of strawberries for £2, and reasonably priced rhubarb, so me and the kids have made a lovely rhubarb and strawberry crumble.

Took the kids to the shoe shop to get their feet measured, neither of them have grown so no need to shell out an extortionate amount for yet more tiny shoes that often only last six months.

On the bus on the way home, I truthfully told the bus driver that my daughter was six and I should pay for a ticket for her, and he said 'nah' and only charged me for one adult ticket.

Found three lovely framed Winnie the Pooh prints in a charity shop for a tenner in total, and they agreed to throw six kids books in for free as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
          On the bus on the way home, I truthfully told the bus driver that my daughter was six and I should pay for a ticket for her, and he said 'nah' and only charged me for one adult ticket.
          I love things like this. When people don't really give a toss and let you in somewhere or give you free stuff or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

I love things like this. When people don't really give a toss and let you in somewhere or give you free stuff or something.
            A couple of years ago, the bloke who used to work here on Tuesdays decided that all kids under the age of ten should play crazy golf for free. I only found out about it three days later, when a woman whose kids had played on the Tuesday and wanted to play again was outraged that I now wanted money from her.

This bloke didn't really give a toss. That was one of the reasons I got rid of him.

Comment

I'm going to receive a tax rebate of 308€.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                A couple of years ago, the bloke who used to work here on Tuesdays decided that all kids under the age of ten should play crazy golf for free. I only found out about it three days later, when a woman whose kids had played on the Tuesday and wanted to play again was outraged that I now wanted money from her.

This bloke didn't really give a toss. That was one of the reasons I got rid of him.
                He was a bloody entrepreneur, drumming up Tuesday trade, helping to sell lollies and whatnot. And you sacked him? Good grief.

Comment

Bloody speeding ticket dropped through the post this week. My first but I suppose an inevitable consequence of increased journeys on the M60. 3 points and ?100. Licence posted and fine paid yesterday.

Today I got a tax refund of ?97.20.

I'm still down financially but..

Comment

I bought a standing magazine/file holder for my twins' school folders/notebooks. Right now they have these rolling cars with three baskets, and until now their papers were in a stack in the top basket, so it was hard for them to find something quickly. I've already caught them not putting something back in there that should be there, but at least they're finding things more quickly now.

Comment

Had a disappointing trip out this afternoon but neded some milk so decided to stop at a supermarket on the way back that we don't normally go to. Found something else cool in there that was half price so ?17.50 instead of ?35. Decided after carrying it around the shop for a while that I would get it. It went through the self scan at ?12.50, so even more bargainous.

Comment

Now we’ll all lose sleep wondering what in the world it could be.

Comment

The "win" was the bonus saving after I'd already decided to buy it at a higher price.

Comment

Which still leaves one wondering...(etc, cont’d page 183).

Comment

We bought an item today that was priced at $70, and 50% off. But it rang through at $45. When we pointed out the incorrect amount, she punched a few buttons and it came out this time at $24. We pointed out that this was also wrong and the girl made a sort of 'ya.waddya.gonna.do' noise and told me to tap.

Comment

And before Jah asks, etc.

Comment

I bought something yesterday for some money

Comment

OK, Jah Womble and WOM, it was a Hit Wheels garage that I thought looked cool and would be a handy way to display toy cars. It was down from 35 quid to 17.50 shelf price but when I scanned it at the check outs it went through at 12.50.

So now you know. I buy toy cars. And things to put them in.

Comment

Found something else cool
                                      I think this is where you threw people off <jokey face emoji>

Comment

OK, Jah Womble and WOM, it was a Hit Wheels garage that I thought looked cool and would be a handy way to display toy cars. It was down from 35 quid to 17.50 shelf price but when I scanned it at the check outs it went through at 12.50.

Hot Wheels' lawyers are gonna wanna look into that item.

Comment

I ducked into the Co-op shortly before closing yesterday and the young man at the kiosk was rather rudely talking to his colleague over my shoulder while serving me. Which meant that he didn't notice that he only scanned one of the two packets of cigarettes I bought.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post

Hot Wheels' lawyers are gonna wanna look into that item.
                                            That was a typo. I can assure you it was a genuine Hot Wheels item.

Comment

Maybe it was a hot Hot Wheels item

Comment

Or a hit Hot Wheels otem.

Comment

I didn't know Hot Wheels was still a thing. There was a load of stuff in my mother's loft from when I was a kid that we finally got rid of a couple of years ago. If I'd known you collected that sort of thing you could have had them. Over 50 years old, but no boxes. They went to charity.

Comment

That's kind Capybara but I don't really collect them. I've accumulated a few over the years and occasionally bought some of the accessories when they're cheap because the loops and things are fun.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X