Small wins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small wins

Decided to treat myself to a nice coffee in the concourse. Fished out my loyalty card and it was full. Free coffee. Yippee.

Sometimes it's the small wins...

Conversely, I had a full loyalty card on my phone and used it at Caffe Nero last week, but they failed to apply it.

Comment

You're looking for Small Fails next door.

Comment

Yep, I slurp through a fair few Nero loyalties a year.

I also have a Costa card, but never know how much is on it.

Comment

When me moved to our new office building we had a small cafe to replace the bar and restaurant in the old building. I recently found my loyalty card. It has one stamp on it. We moved to the new building in 2007 and I've been retired for two years. I guess I don't 'get' fancy coffee.

Comment

Found out a pub on my road has gone overtly LGBT-friendly with events, apparently including regular gigs from 'Intersectional Kink Friendly Feminists With Ukeleles'. So seeing as I will be here for longer than anticipated that's something to investigate.

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
              When me moved to our new office building we had a small cafe to replace the bar and restaurant in the old building. I recently found my loyalty card. It has one stamp on it. We moved to the new building in 2007 and I've been retired for two years. I guess I don't 'get' fancy coffee.
              You're a pensioner now. You get to demand free coffee...and discounted admission to everything.

Comment

I don't get free coffee but I have put in my complaint to Caffe Nero.

I got a "senior" discounted cinema ticket for next week, and I can get extra discount at the BFI and entry to their special Senior Matinees.

Comment

Got a cheque for £7.72 today and

Comment

Adrenalin Quarry only yesterday. Booked the aqua park for the youngest and myself cheekily using the second attraction discount so Mrs Greenlander could descend the zip wire fully expecting that I'd be asked to pay full price as we were only doing one experience each. Not only did they say nothing but for some reason gave us two wristbands so both her and junior got a go. Result.

Comment

Returned home from hols last weekend, travelling from Kent to Cambridge. Crossed the Thames in our car by getting the Woolwich Ferry, as we always do (partly because my missus has tunnel phobia). It was, as always, free. Never ceases to amaze me, that.

Comment

After my Mother and Step Dad died I took over the house. For years I never bothered changing the name on the domestic bills. Eventually I got round to it and called the electric company. The guy on the phone listened and said he'd set me up as a new customer, then said I was entitled to 3 months free electricity, which was nice.

Comment

I went to Birmingham on the bus yesterday to watch football. We set off back at about 10pm, and the people sat behind us on the way there traveled home with someone else.

That meant my son and I could fully recline our seats.

Comment

This probably belongs in big wins but, to put it bluntly, we have been temporarily skint (waiting for my new better paid position to kick in) and about to go on holiday so Mrs B was ringing up to get an overdraft extension and loan organised to tide us over. As she was on the phone doing this, I was getting some information from my supply agency and then it occurred to me that they put money aside every week for 'holiday pay' which I had to claim and hadn't for this summer (as I was getting paid from my new job). So the loan, at least, is getting cancelled. Not only that but when the money turned up in the bank account, it was two weeks money not, asI thought, one. Just seen my payslip from the new job and I am still playing bloody emergency tax but, still, swings/roundabouts.

Comment

That's good news.

Today I stopped by Rothrock Coffee and got a tea, because I'd read that they do good tea and are just as fussy about it - with the timers and the steeping and what not - as they are with the coffee. It was Earl Grey. $2.50. It took the woman about five minutes to make. There were multiple steps I didn't entirely follow. It was very good.

I also saw the owner of the place, X Games legend Jamie Bestwick. So, celebrity-sighting win.

Comment

We welcomed a new writer today, so I got a free lunch out as her 'host'. Win!

Comment

Oh, and the woman who rear-ended me in Elicottville? Her insurance admitted fault, so I don't pay the deductible on my truck.

But the deer didn't have coverage, so I'm out $500 on L's car.

Comment

Finding an extra chip or two hidden inside the wrapping after you thought you'd finished.

Comment

Seeing a new interview with Someone That I Used To Know, where he says living in the countryside is "a complete fucking nightmare" but he can't afford to move back to London. Also, he's lost a tooth near the front.

Sometimes, it's the little things. Don't judge me, I'm grieving.

Comment

I spent most of the morning trying to figure out how to get out of a 'creative lunch' with these three schmucks I vaguely know but have nothing to do with. It's just been moved from today to mid-September. Woohoo!

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                                          Oh, and the woman who rear-ended me in Elicottville? Her insurance admitted fault, so I don't pay the deductible on my truck.

But the deer didn't have coverage, so I'm out $500 on L's car.
                                          I imagine the deer was unable to admit fault even if it was insured.

Comment

Got my free coffee on my app now, sorted.

Comment

Scored some top-quality yellow-stickered items at Tesco tonight. Proper Finest nosh.

Comment

Agreed to go and see the new Tarantino film on Friday night, but really didn't want to go. The pull of social obligation dragged me to the cinema, whereupon I was delighted to find the screening sold out.

Comment

Just completed the Samurai Sudoku I'd been working at, off and on, since Saturday. Feel a real sense of achievement!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X