Your teenager's awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your teenager's awards

The eldest Roginette has been given 3 A levels today. Including an A* grade in the subject she wants to actually pursue at University. I am almost impossibly proud of her.

I'd like to claim some vicarious parental glory in this but all I really did was teach her to read then get her into Doctor Who.

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
    The eldest Roginette has been given 3 A levels today. Including an A* grade in the subject she wants to actually pursue at University. I am almost impossibly proud of her.

I'd like to claim some vicarious parental glory in this but all I really did was teach her to read then get her into Doctor Who.
    Hats off to The Eldest Roginette (and I mean it sincerely).

Getting her into Doctor Who wasn't good, though.

Comment

Congratulations to her Rogin and good luck in university.

Comment

Great news, Rogin. Congratulations!

Comment

Nice one, Rogin - spin off thread of the year so far.

Comment

Congrats to the Eldest. And it was all your work. Don't be modest about it.

Comment

Yes, hearty congratulations to your eldest, Rogin.

NS Jnr. did well and is off to Leeds University. Stressful day for him and us though.

Comment

Rogin: Link to photo on front page of Telegraph, or it didn't happen.

Comment

Cheers

Comment

GCSE results day for daughter and she did well, and much better than what she had convinced herself she was going to get. I wasn't allowed to go in with her (because she'd wound herself so much about how bad it would be), and had to wait in the car while son took her in. The sight of them in the rear view mirror smiling and laughing as they came back to the car was poignant stuff. Now that's out the way we can relax and head to Leeds festival "together" (I'll barely see either of them all weekend) this afternoon.

Comment

Great news. Have fun at Leeds

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
                        GCSE results day for daughter and she did well, and much better than what she had convinced herself she was going to get. I wasn't allowed to go in with her (because she'd wound herself so much about how bad it would be), and had to wait in the car while son took her in. The sight of them in the rear view mirror smiling and laughing as they came back to the car was poignant stuff. Now that's out the way we can relax and head to Leeds festival "together" (I'll barely see either of them all weekend) this afternoon.

Excellent news, WFD. I'm really pleased for you all.

My daughter got her results this morning. She's had a really, really tough time of it in the last year so expectations were very much tempered, but she did as well as could be expected in the circumstances, maybe better, so I'm hugely relieved.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Excellent news, WFD. I'm really pleased for you all.

My daughter got her results this morning. She's had a really, really tough time of it in the last year so expectations were very much tempered, but she did as well as could be expected in the circumstances, maybe better, so I'm hugely relieved.
                          Good stuff, and empathise with the feeling of relief.

Comment

Younger Roginette just got her GCSEs and got 4 grade 9s, 4 8s and 2 7s, which I'm led to understand is the equivalent of 8A*s and 2 As in old money. I'm so made up for her, especially as she was on the phone to me at 1 this morning shitting it about her results, expecting the worst and asking what it took to do re-takes...

Comment

Younger Roginette just got her GCSEs and got 4 grade 9s, 4 8s and 2 7s, which I'm led to understand is the equivalent of 8A*s and 2 As in old money. I'm so made up for her, especially as she was on the phone to me at 1 this morning shitting it about her results, expecting the worst and asking what it took to do re-takes...
                              That's fantastic going, well done to her (I also needed an explanation this morning on numbers/letters equivalence, even though I've had it explained every time she's had a report in the last few years).

Comment

Congratulations to all of you. It must have been a very stressful time. Now it's level 3 courses I guess.

Comment

Bloody hell, it's forty-six years since I took my O'Levels...

Comment

The cub got Piranha of the day at Barracuda's yesterday. Second time in two weeks. It was awarded for "being an overall joy, participating in everything, for listening to what he's being told and always having a smile on his face."

Comment

Fantastic. Hearty congrats. all round.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                                        The cub got Piranha of the day at Barracuda's yesterday. Second time in two weeks. It was awarded for "being an overall joy, participating in everything, for listening to what he's being told and always having a smile on his face."

I'm not sure if any other achievement in life will surpass being Piranha of the Day, especially given the criteria, but probably best not to tell him that.

Comment

Hearty congratulations to all progeny mentioned on this thread. Most of all hobbes's cub. May they all wake up with stinking hangovers in the morning (apart from hobbes's cub).

[EDIT: I mean, I hope they enjoy the celebrations. I'm not wishing them ill or anything.]

Comment

Working...
                                          X