I got a flat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a flat!

Went to see a council flat this afternoon. Getting offered it tomorrow. It's nice, great location - St. Pancras area - quite roomy, looks pretty quiet, the estate looks very nice, with garden-y bits that are apparently taken care of by residents.

I've been saving, so I shouldn't have trouble covering the inevitable expenses. Hopefully I can get essentials - bed, cooker, fridge, washing machine - from various funds, according to my support worker.

If anyone in London has furniture they need to get rid of, I would be interested in taking it.

Quite taken aback to be honest. It's the first place I've looked at, and the procedure is kind of like playing cards, you have to decide whether this is as good as you're likely to get or if you might find better. I rated it at about 80% and didn't want to risk going through months of wishing I'd gone for it. It's time I got out of the hostel.

So, great!

What a humblebrag that you live in Zone 1. Congratulations!

Comment

The hostel I live in now is very close to lawyer central, and it has been a source of mild amusement to me that all us riffraff get to live in a pretty bijou area (not one but three local bicycle shops with 5 grand bikes in the windows). The new place has a fancy cheese shop round the corner.

Comment

That's fantastic news, DM. Chuffed for you.

Comment

Excellent news.

Comment

Well done!

Comment

What excellent news DM. Sadly no furniture to donate unless you want a baby bouncer in Princess Pink?
              British Heart Foundation seems to do reasonably priced furniture and usually deliver.

Comment

If by any chance you're on Chalton Street I had a mate who lived in one of those flats. He loved it there. I used to crash there some nights on his sofa when I was too pissed to trust myself not to fall asleep on the nightbus out to Muswell Hill.

Comment

Congratulations dm, I'm really pleased for you. By coincidence, have just left St Pancras, oh boy it's changed round there since I was a lad...

Comment

The image I have in my head of a 'baby bouncer' is probably rather removed from the reality. Maybe the pub round the corner would be interested!

Rogin - The cheese shop is on Chalton St. I know the area really well cos I've been walking through it for years.

johnr - it's changed a lot since I moved to Camden 16 years ago. When they were redeveloping St. Pancras station the site made me think of Lord Of The Rings, it was excavated so deep with fiery red lights and all.

The area won't be affected by HS2, that's the other side of Euston.
                    Last edited by delicatemoth; 13-08-2019, 16:28.

Comment

Fucking yes!

Comment

When our son was a few months old he managed to climb out of his cot and thereapon bounced off a lego piece. The mark is still, just, barely there. But this wasn't the kind of bouncing referred to either, was it?

Comment

That's great news, dm.

As suggested above, BHF's furniture shops looked decent value when I popped into one not so long ago. I'm still trying to get rid of enough surface crap just to be able to see the furniture.

Comment

Brilliant news DM!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Excellent news!

Comment

Love this - thanks for sharing, dm. I really love it when OTFers share good news - makes me feel all warm inside.

Comment

Brilliant stuff, DM.

Comment

Big congrats DM! Hope the place lives up to its potential.

Comment

Great news!

Comment

Always glad to hear good news, congratulations.

Comment

Yay!! PAAAAAAAAARRT-TAAAAY!!!

Comment

Congratulations, dm.

Comment

Well done. I would move in ASAP especially getting a council flat in zone 1. I didn't know they still existed.

Comment

Congratulations! This is very happy news indeed.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X