Happy Left-handers day, everyone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post

Americans place the fork in their right hand after cutting, no? Seems like the biggest waste of time.

im sure I hold my weapons oik style, but don't know for sure (or care, really- I'm lucky if I do "fine dining" more than a couple of times a year).
    "Like a pen", or not, apparently.

Don't know which is which though.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
      A large majority do, yes.
      Do the pig-ignorant fuckers also hold them "tines up", rather than the correct "tines down" manner?

Or are they just thick as pigshit, rather than just pig-ignorant?

How the Hell do these fuckers get away with this egregious insult to their hosts?

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post

Americans place the fork in their right hand after cutting, no?
        What, like, cut piece, swap hands, eat piece, swap hands, cut piece, swap hands....etc?

Comment

Life is really too effing short to get this worked up about such things.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post

Do the pig-ignorant fuckers also hold them "tines up", rather than the correct "tines down" manner?

Or are they just thick as pigshit, rather than just pig-ignorant?

How the Hell do these fuckers get away with this egregious insult to their hosts?
            I genuinely can't tell if you're an avant-garde performance piece or not.

Comment

This.

Comment

I always swap the knife and fork around when I sit down at the table.

Sure wouldn't right-handed people do the same if it was the wrong way around for them.

The main logistical problem is the elbow bashing when both me and the right-handed person to the left of me are cutting with the knife.

Fucking right-handed people, always getting in my way everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                  I can use a mouse with both, and do to avoid rsi.
                  I do the same, swap about every two weeks or so. I am a tiny bit better with my left hand, but due to the first mouses (mice? or is that only for the animal) always being on the right side of the computer with a super short cable, I was forced to learn to use a mouse with my right hand. Or those fucking ergonomic ones that were in style in the 1990s, which were made for right-handed people. Now we have wireless symmetrical mouses (mice).

Left-handedness is actually a major advantage when it comes to keyboard and mouse. When the mouse is too the left of a full sized keyboard (one that has a number keypad bit on the right), the distance from the main part of the keyboard to the mouse is much shorter.

Comment

No way can I mouse with my left.

Comment

Belated to the thread here but:

Write left hand, kick left foot, but almost everything else right sided (including bat, bowl, throw, cue). Not as unusual as I thought, on the above evidence.

Comment

Kick left foot?

We're not asking which school you went to.

Just whether you're left-handed or right-handed.

Comment

I'm only right-handed when using a knife and fork and a mouse. I'm a lefty for everything else, even my politics.....

Comment

Working...
                          X