Clear All

https://www.channel4.com/news/modi-p...tates-lockdown

Comment

Thanks Tonton. Christ that guy Desai is a cunt

Comment

That's Labour parliamentarians for you.

Comment

FFS. (Desai). Thanks TT.

Morally of course, there is a pretty unarguable case to be made for Britain helping clear up the mess it made. However, as far as Modi and his pals are concerned, I fear anything Britain says is simply dismissed as hypocrisy and post-colonial interference. Which, of course, it would be. I think they would absolutely love “us“ to try to interfere - how does that play to his support? I referred earlier to the comments on Dalrymple's twitter fed which are full-on "You're not in charge any more, sisterfucker."

India is now like the US and China. It’s too big to be told what to do by anyone else and It’s got the same nationalist virus. From Wiki - India's largest trading partners in descending order of value of total trade are the United Arab Emirates, China, United States, Saudi Arabia, Switzerland, Singapore, Germany, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Iraq and Japan. Trump doesn’t care about Muslims, anything China says is simply discounted by their interest in the region. UAE? Saudi? The latter will probably start to fund more madrasahs in Srinagar and Kargil. That always works out well. I guess the EU might have some influence, accounting for nearly 20% of Indian exports but wouldn't that require a greater consensus than is going to be available? Maybe they'll 'urge restraint' as they have been for 20-odd years.

I know that I should know more about internal politics of the UN, but I somehow can’'t see them being very effective here either.
          Last edited by ChrisJ; 09-08-2019, 11:07. Reason: typo

Comment

Barry Gardiner is also despicable on the issue of Modi.

Comment

Imran Khan likens inaction over Kashmir to appeasing Hitler

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...y_to_clipboard

Strong words from Khan.

Imposing a curfew during Eid is just another act of provocation.

Comment

Comment

What a piece of shit he is.

Comment

Who is?

Comment

Kapur, I assume? Shame he got the Ibis trilogy gig, I was looking forwards to that.

In other news, as the comms lockdown continues, the gerrymandering process begins.
                      The Election Commission of India Tuesday held its first meeting to discuss the process of delimitation of Jammu and Kashmir, and how it will be conducted.

Comment

The process of decolonization in India (and the war crimes of the Malay States Emergency, and the bullshit rush to have a Brit Atom Bomb), letting fucking Mountbatten oversee the process, giving Raj bastards a say in which side of partition their Kleptocracies would fall, the worst crimes and disasters of the Atlee Govt.

Comment

https://972mag.com/kashmir-india-isr...pation/142735/

A comparison of Israel and India re Palestine and Kashmir.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...idApp_WhatsApp

Comment

Is this still going on?

Comment

It most definitely is

Khan is expected to make it the centerpiece of his UN General Assembly speech next week, and the Indian government managed to get a fawning op ed into this week's New York Times in anticipation.

Comment

Thought I'd bump this up as it's a year since Modi shut down Kashmir and cancelled 370.

Entirely and utterly coincidentally, Modi was just inaugurating the new Ram Mandir in Ayodhya on the site of the mosque the RSS stormtroopers pulled down nearly 40 years ago. The BJP spokesperson on R4 this morning was so brazen and shameless it sounded like she was auditioning for a job with Trump. Or Johnson. Or.. fuck it, they really are all the same, aren't they?

Anyway, here's the ever-excellent Arundhati Roy on the subject.

Comment

How time flies. Three years since I posted on this thread. It's not got better.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-66155796

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                      Is this still going on?
                                      It will for infinity...
                                      ​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                      X