No announcement yet.

Being exasperated by kids for doing stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We both just stopped...sorry, no magic solution.

Comment

Oh, the urologist also told us to stop any drinks apart from water and milk. No juice, definitely no fruit shoots, etc. Cruel, but seems to help.

Comment

The cub had a period of wetting about 6 months after he'd first gone nappy free at night. And another in his first summer holidays off school. It just went away, so I'm no help there, but...
        In order to help you and help them not get stressed out over it, get 3 absorbent pads, 3 mattress protectors, 3 fitted sheets and put them all on the bed at the same time. And have 2 or 3 duvets sheeted up and ready to go.

Doesn't stop the wetting, but it does mean you can just whip the wet stuff off leaving dry underneath without having to fully change a bed at 4am. There's nothing more guaranteed to make you short tempered than changing a duvet cover and sheet when you're half asleep and you can't help but let that show, which can compound the issue.You just have to remember to reload the next day. It'such easier to do when you're fully awake.
        Last edited by hobbes; 26-07-2019, 15:55.

Comment

Thanks all, I think we may have to see a urologist then for our own sanity.

Like Balder's daughter, my boy is such a deep sleeper that he doesn't even move when he is soaked through (see my above comment about it potentially being laziness) so more often than not the first we're aware of him wetting the bed is when he brings his wet bedding down in the morning.

Comment

One thing more though I'm sure you're doing it: never blame him for wetting the bed nor show frustration that he's doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
              On a similar vein to yourself Ek weet nie, we're having real issues with my 8 year old bed wetting. We have tried practically everything but he's still wetting the bed 4-5 days a week. We've tried stopping certain fluids after a set time, giving extra fluids so he'd feel the need to go, reward charts and God knows what else. Some of these will work for a few days, but then he's back in the routine again.

I think it comes down to one of two things - 1. He's extremely lazy and simply can't be bothered to get up, or 2. He's such a heavy sleeper that he genuinely doesn't feel the need to go. I'd love to crack it, but we're reaching the point where we're considering seeing a Dr over it.
              Yes go because that could be a symptom of Type 1 diabetes. Ask for a blood glucose test there and then.

Comment

I would wet the bed once in a while up to about twelve, as for the reason, the most likely can guess is I was more than a bit neurotic. Must have been hellish for my parents.

defintely wasn't laziness but age 12 but.

Comment

Don't listen to any of us.

Go with your and your hubby's instinct.

If you think you son's behaviour is not 'typical', then see your GP and a get a referral to paediatrician, who in turn will refer you to a CDC.

Comment

Working...
                  X