Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's like Jurassic Park 3

Seagull carries chihuahua off in Paignton
    Owner appeals for information after Gizmo the chihuahua was taken from house in Paignton

Yikes, poor Gizmo.

But why in the world would a seagull want a mouthful of fur when there are bags of chips to be swiped from unsuspecting OAPs?

Comment

This is like the pelican that was caught eating a pigeon in St James's park back in 2006.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6098678.stm

There's YouTube footage of it if you're not squeamish.

Comment

A pigeon? Was the pelican trying to commit suicide?

Comment

I'm suspicious that the partner who was the last to see Gizmo was the only witness to this. Sounds like a scam. Sell the dog to a passer by and then claim a seagull took it.

Comment

What sort of person calls their pet Gizmo? Do they want Gremlins? Because that's how you get Gremlins.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
              I'm suspicious that the partner who was the last to see Gizmo was the only witness to this. Sounds like a scam. Sell the dog to a passer by and then claim a seagull took it.
              Pfft. I've pulled that scam a half dozen times, easy.

As for Gizmo, my wife's aunt's dog is named Gizmo. It's a cute dog, but the aunt is a true nutter.

Comment

Hmm. Devon Live. No other witnesses. *scratches chin*

We had our giant tortoises kidnapped in Nairobi. Not by seagulls though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                  What sort of person calls their pet Gizmo? Do they want Gremlins? Because that's how you get Gremlins.
                  We once looked after the pets of my childhood crush while he went to visit family in America over the summer. His pets were six foot iguanas called Izzy and Gizmo (he also had a red-kneed tarantula called Rosie but we declined the offer to look after her). We had to clear the entire dining room to fit the cages in and they had to be fed freshly chopped fruit salad every morning. Izzy was fairly even-tempered, you could get her out of the cage and let her walk up and down your arm, but Gizmo was psychotic. We had to wait until he appeared to be asleep at the far end of the cage, then whip the door open, grab the old fruit bowl and shove the new one in before slamming the glass door shut as fast as possible. Gizmo would leap from his slumber and start head-butting the glass. They don't have teeth, but they have razor sharp gums, and my crush gleefully informed me that if Gizmo ever escaped he could stand on his hind legs and run as fast as Linford Christie.

A couple of years after we looked after them, Izzy and Gizmo grew too big for their enormous cages and they had to be donated to a local wildlife centre.

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
                    My crush gleefully informed me that if Gizmo ever escaped he could stand on his hind legs and run as fast as Linford Christie.
                    I would pay big money to see that kind of inter-species competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post

We had our giant tortoises kidnapped in Nairobi. Not by seagulls though.
                      This is the kind of biographical insight that I come to OTF for

Comment

Working...
                      X