Printer Cartridge Recycling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printer Cartridge Recycling

Does anyone have any organisations, charities or otherwise, that they'd recommend?

No-one?

Does nobody have a printer at home or do you all just throw your old cartridges away?

Comment

I recycle ours at our office, which isn't very practical for you

Comment

I have a printer at home, but I don't print things.

Comment

Take them down to Rymans if you have one nearby. They used to, anyway.

Comment

I had a bit of a search around. You can send them to Tesco and either accrue some Clubcard points or donate to charity. Then there are a number of other charity-based collection schemes but I'm not sure which ones are legit and which ones are the scams.

TBH, as long as someone sends me a postage-payed bag to send the cartridges back in and pledges to recycle them efficiently, I'll be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
              No-one?

Does nobody have a printer at home or do you all just throw your old cartridges away?
              I do not have a printer at home. My office has a printer and is a 15-minute walk from my home. I have no need for a printer at home.

Comment

A lot of printer manufacturers have their own recycling programme, you can just request a prepaid envelope on their website and then send back your empty cartridges or toner for them to recycle.

I have both a Canon and a Samsung printer, and both of them offer that (although I've only ever used the Canon one so far, and it was dead easy.)

Comment

We used to have an Epson printer and they offered a postage-paid service for returning old cartridges (I think the address on them was somewhere in the Netherlands), which always worked well.

Just looked at the printer we got last year and realised that it too is an Epson. But they don't do that postal service here, so I drop old cartridges off at Staples in Bridgewater, which seems to accept all brands and send them off for recycling. That might well involve them being piled onto a truck and driven halfway across Canada, which probably cancels out any environmental benefit!

Comment

Our printer orders the ink itself on an HP subscription thingy. You get return envelopes for your empties.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, guys.

Returning the empty but valuable cartridges to the manufacturers for no sort of reward seems a bit too generous so I'm going to see if I can either benefit my bank account or a charity's. I'll let you know how I got on, if anyone's interested.

Comment

Just a courtesy update.

I used Tesco's recycling facility in the end, splitting the value equally between myself (Clubcard points) and a charitable donation. Very easy to use if anyone else is a Clubcard member and has any printer cartridges that they want rid of.

Comment

Working...
                        X