Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Andrew formerly known as Prince (was: Jeffrey Epstein thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evariste Euler Gauss View Post
    It’s so ridiculous that I can barely believe it’s real. I almost want to make a special trip to the shop to see if the Telegraph front page actually looks like that. In a sane world this would kill the Telegraph stone dead with an avalanche of public contempt and ridicule from which it could never recover.
    I can confirm the headline, if not the photo, as I picked up other newspapers from my local shop this morning. I agree with your sentiment, but we're far from a sane world.

Comment

Just a small point, but I don't think it's the paper that thinks this is the photo that clears him. The single quotes means someone else is suggesting it does. ie. her brother, named in the piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
        "if the bath don't fit, you must acquit"
        That's genius.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
          Just a small point, but I don't think it's the paper that thinks this is the photo that clears him. The single quotes means someone else is suggesting it does. ie. her brother, named in the piece.
          It's clearly "framed" as an endorsement. No skepticism is expressed and conflicts of interest are not admitted. I would also note that the two journalists have been quoting Maxwell and her brother for two years in the same manner. The quotation marks are just arse-covering.

And obviously it's stenography rather than journalism.
          Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 28-01-2023, 13:35.

Comment

That bath is so small, they could fit a third person in there, and a pet, if you wanted to make things even more interesting.

Comment

https://twitter.com/unfetteredmind1/status/1619306024506368000?t=NhZUlLkIa--Am-3cVePqLw&s=19

Comment

https://twitter.com/DrProudman/status/1621097248733151234?t=sgUod2BsmMNWC5OIdxkSzQ&s=19

Comment

https://twitter.com/SholaMos1/status/1630923388058255363?t=UT2M_X9n4BD2WSDT4zzQzg&s=19

The nonce is coming home to roost

Comment

You'd think they may see how awful this looks, but no

Comment

https://twitter.com/patrickscalling/status/1641920061286805505?s=61&t=xvOireV8JOIS_CpbTtDBow

Comment

More Epstein News here - who he met

Comment

Disappointing news

https://twitter.com/evanhill/status/1658841257706151942?s=61&t=xvOireV8JOIS_CpbTtDBow

Comment

That doesn’t seem like anything.

Comment

Using a notorious high profile sex offender to wash more than a quarter of a million dollars for opaque purposes shows an astounding lack of judgement

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                Using a notorious high profile sex offender to wash more than a quarter of a million dollars for opaque purposes shows an astounding lack of judgement
                                Oh, yeah.

I didn’t get that he was washing it. That’s not how laundering works, I thought.
                                Also, until just now, I was under the impression that Epstein was some kind of fund manager. Like Madoff.

I also overlooked that this happened in 2018.

But then I realized that I really don’t know what he did for a living or when he did what he did. So I read the whole wikipedia article.

My God. He was, perhaps, the worst person ever.
                                Last edited by Hot Pepsi; 18-05-2023, 03:22.

Comment

It is somewhat a shame we will never be able to make full sense of it all. Was his fortune just a massive bait-catch-blackmail circle into the financial world?

Comment

There appears to be quite a bit of evidence that that was a primary activity for him for years, though my guess is that his initial stash came from providing more traditional services to Wexner and that laundering on a much more industrial scale than what he did for Chomsky was always a core competency.

Comment

The subtle distancing is telling. "died 15 years ago" irrelevant "after a long illness" irrelevant "we paid no attention to financial issues" irrelevant "the simplest way seemed to be" the simplest way to do what?? "it was a simple, quick transfer of funds" oh, as long as that's all.

Fuck him.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                        There appears to be quite a bit of evidence that that was a primary activity for him for years, though my guess is that his initial stash came from providing more traditional services to Wexner and that laundering on a much more industrial scale than what he did for Chomsky was always a core competency.
                                        There's also this possible angle:

Epstein’s name, I was told, had been raised by the Trump transition team when Alexander Acosta, the former U.S. attorney in Miami who’d infamously cut Epstein a non-prosecution plea deal back in 2007, was being interviewed for the job of labor secretary. The plea deal put a hard stop to a separate federal investigation of alleged sex crimes with minors and trafficking.

“Is the Epstein case going to cause a problem [for confirmation hearings]?” Acosta had been asked. Acosta had explained, breezily, apparently, that back in the day he’d had just one meeting on the Epstein case. He’d cut the non-prosecution deal with one of Epstein’s attorneys because he had “been told” to back off, that Epstein was above his pay grade. “I was told Epstein ‘belonged to intelligence’ and to leave it alone,” he told his interviewers in the Trump transition, who evidently thought that was a sufficient answer and went ahead and hired Acosta. (The Labor Department had no comment when asked about this.)
                                        https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffre...in-plain-sight

Comment

I can see that if you get idolised as much as Chomsky has been by some on the left, you might start to think you're infallible.

Comment

I think Chomsky has always been fairly confident in himself.

Comment

Yes, I don't think that part is new.

There is also a contempt at the question even being asked that may have been tempered somewhat by it coming from the Wall Street Journal.

Comment

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1668224519620775938?t=PlDx6QATUmXrIjbWdSOaSw&s=19

Literally within hours of the judge ruling that other plaintiffs could join the case.

Comment

FT reporting that this settlement could reach USD 290 million

Comment

Billionaire Leon Black is being sued for raping a teen (autistic, and with a form of Down's) as arranged by Jeffrey Epstein.

https://us.cnn.com/2023/07/27/busine...ion/index.html

Comment

Working...
                                                    X