Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Andrew formerly known as Prince (was: Jeffrey Epstein thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
    And if I understand correctly, it's a lower burden of proof - balance of probability rather than beyond reasonable doubt. Hence OJ lost the civil case having been acquitted in his criminal trial.
    Correct (the formal wording is generally "preponderance of the evidence")

Leave a comment:

• anton pulisov
    replied
    Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    The paedo formerly known as Prince.
    Excellent.

But perhaps a bit too long. May I suggest The Abuser Formerly Known as Prince, or "TAFKAP" for short.

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied
    And if I understand correctly, it's a lower burden of proof - balance of probability rather than beyond reasonable doubt. Hence OJ lost the civil case having been acquitted in his criminal trial.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Yes, it is a civil case in Federal court, Giuffré is the plaintiff, Andrew is the defendant.

As was noted yesterday, he is about to free up approximately USD 16 million by selling a ski chalet in Verbier.

Leave a comment:

• WOM
    replied
    I wonder how long that private citizen can afford to fund his legal team.

Also, point of clarification, this isn't a criminal matter but a civil one, correct? She's suing him?

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    The paedo formerly known as Prince.

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied
    Andrew is being cut adrift - has lost his HRH, military affiliations, and royal patronages.
    He will fight the case as a "private citizen".

EDIT as per Ursus above, who got there seconds before me

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/status/1481674049310896129?s=20

Leave a comment:

• WOM
    replied
    Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
    Reading the ruling I learn that Maxwell recruited 16 year old Giuffre at the Mar-a-Lago Club, where she was working. That little nugget had escaped me.
    Read everything that Julie K Brown wrote for the Miami Herald. It's exceptional journalism and an appalling story from end to end. Lots of reading between the lines to be done, but you can assemble your own 'who's who' list as you go. One day the names may just come tumbling out. Here's hoping.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    She wasn't the only one who came from there

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied
    Reading the ruling I learn that Maxwell recruited 16 year old Giuffre at the Mar-a-Lago Club, where she was working. That little nugget had escaped me.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    He just cleared that before Xmas.

Though I am quite sure most/all of that money is already owed to others (including his lawyers).

And because I'm a cynic, I wonder if his mom happens to be the "motivated" buyer who is looking to take the Verbier chalet off his hands.

Leave a comment:

• caja-dglh
    replied
    Andrew is busy liquidating the nest-egg for the children to realize maybe as much as 10 million (amusingly the hold-up on the 16 million property is he was two years late on the final 5 million payment).

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    It is a rather lengthy opinion for a motion of this type and a well-reasoned one at that.

Judge Kaplan clearly expects it to be appealed to the Second Circuit and wanted to be sure there was plenty there to allow them to affirm.

It is also (especially the introduction) written for a media that doesn't get the technicalities of US motion practice (something that is especially true of the British media).

This is going to cost Brenda some real money.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Disappointed that they even gave them that, tbh.

Leave a comment:

• imp
    replied
    Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
    Good.
    However, all I’m hearing is how ‘difficult’ this is going to be for the royals. Enough of this cobblers, media.
    They're all shitting themselves in case they get denied future access. Whatever happened to The Independent's stance of refusing to report anything about the Royal Fuckers? I remember when they had a one-para news in brief item about one of the royal spawnings/weddings.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    Any details of the ruling?

Edit - yes, here it is

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Good.

However, all I’m hearing is how ‘difficult’ this is going to be for the royals. Enough of this cobblers, media.

Leave a comment:

• The Red Max
    replied
    It's on!
    I bet the sleazy c*nt's sweating now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59871514

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
    What's the connection with Angie Everhart and Epstein?
    Like Staveley, she is a former girlfriend of Andrew, not Epstein

Leave a comment:

• diggedy derek
    replied
    staverley, intriguing.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    What's the connection with Angie Everhart and Epstein?

Leave a comment:

• The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
    replied
    I can't believe that this Prince Andrew/Epstein story has been going on for so long.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angie_Everhart

Angie Everhart seems to have packed a lot into her life. Breaking her back, posing for playboy, being a model, being human set dressing in a bunch of movies, and being engaged to silvester stallone, joe pesci, and er was wanked at by harvey weinstein.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Yes, I was extremely surprised by that one. Makes recent developments around her a lot more interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Good article that, including an interesting name in Amanda Staveley.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X