Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Andrew formerly known as Prince (was: Jeffrey Epstein thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caja-dglh
    replied
    Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
    I didn't trust their opinions on music so I'm never entirely sure why I'm supposed to trust their opinions on politicians. You liked Menswear, FFS.
    You trying to get Rhino to "do a Rod Liddle"?

Leave a comment:

• Balderdasha
    replied
    I have no idea why this just occurred to me, but why is Andrew the only immediate member of the royal family who doesn't have a name that has previously belonged to a British monarch?

Charles - King Charles I & II
    Anne - Queen Anne
    Edward - King Edward I through VIII
    William - King William I - IV
    Harry (real name Henry) - King Henry I - VIII
    George - King George 1 - VI
    Charlotte - Queen Charlotte (she wasn't a queen in her own right but she was wife of George III)
    Louis - ok, not a British monarch, but there were all the French kings and he's unlikely to ever be king unless both his older siblings die.

But Andrew? Where the fuck did that come from? There's never been a King Andrew anywhere as far as I know.

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    John Harris and his haircut fell for any twat acting harder than theyd get away with in the rougher parts of town than where they were from and putting on a lairy monkey man pose over soft as shite weak tea 60s pastiche from the fucking Gallaghers to Northern Uproar to fucking Cast. And he's the man the fuckin Guardian use to check the pulse of The Towns. You just know hes made a million or so on the Camden terrace he got for 75k back in the 90s.

Leave a comment:

• Toby Gymshorts
    replied
    I didn't trust their opinions on music so I'm never entirely sure why I'm supposed to trust their opinions on politicians. You liked Menswear, FFS.

Leave a comment:

• That Night In Barcelona
    replied
    Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
    It's just boomers desperately clinging onto the past isn't it? Looking back to when they were taking over in the uk. Break out the toploader cds and pop on a bit of d:ream
    While obviously "boomers" is a massive over-simplification, they are if anything Conservatives while the centrist dads/third way/New Labour types in the media and elsewhere are Gen Xers that were in their 20s during Britpop. Several prominent ones of course covered Britpop as music journalists before progressing to being columnists in the Guardian/Observer.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Yeah, I am with NHH on that

Leave a comment:

• NHH
    replied
    I'm not sure they're boomers myself; centrist dads tended to be born in the 1970s

Leave a comment:

• The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
    replied
    It's just boomers desperately clinging onto the past isn't it? Looking back to when they were taking over in the uk. Break out the toploader cds and pop on a bit of d:ream

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    The Third Way types are remarkably resilient/difficult to eradicate, primarily (I think) because of a committed base of very well-heeled donors and (to a lesser extent) an equally committed set of cheerleaders in the media and think tanks.

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    Inevitably he's been rehabilitated by Starmer.

Leave a comment:

• The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
    replied
    Why is Peter mandelson still a thing? He's so transparently a wrong 'un and he's kind of laughably cackhanded and shit at it.

He kind of reminds me of Gary Breen as Co commentator on premier sports. His hey day was 20 odd years ago, he wasn't that great back then, he has nothing to add to the conversation and frankly most people just want to forget he was born

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Mandelson's involvement was non-sexual AFAIK and more about greed whereas some others could be sex* and/or greed.

*sex here meaning rape, to be clear.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    More than alluded to

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Am I right in thinking most names had been alluded to already?

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Three Graun articles on high profile people associated with Epstein all very carefully not mentioning Peter Mandelson.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Demand for the documents has crashed the Federal courts' document retrieval system

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Tap, tap, tap...

Leave a comment:

• WOM
    replied
    Originally posted by WOM View Post
    Peter Nygard to be charged in Canada, and will be extradited to the US to face his charges there. Ah well.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...o-begin-today/
    So, after a six week trial, Nygard has been sound guilty of four counts of sexual assault and acquitted of 2 lesser charges. At 82, that should just about do it for him. He’s also facing extradition to the US on similar charges.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Yellow
    replied
    "Comply or explain"

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    JPMorgan Chase notified the Treasury Department of more than $1 billion in transactions related to “human trafficking” by Jeffrey Epstein dating back 16 years after the notorious sex predator killed himself in 2019, a lawyer for the U.S. Virgin Islands told a federal judge at a hearing​
    https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/01/repo...-treasury.html

Rather remarkable approach to compliance from JPM

Leave a comment:

• WOM
    replied
    Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    While multiple witnesses (including Maxwell) have reported the existence of the cameras, I haven't seen any source with personal knowledge say that "reams of footage" exist (or existed at the time of the raid).

"Thousands" of photographs were seized, but none of those are thought to have included men.

Maxwell likely knowsmore than any other individual, but is extraordinarily unlikely to reveal any of it,
    I guess. But that other part of my brain makes me think that, given the men in question, there's protecting going on. It's probably just me (without being *just* me, of course).

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Susan Estrich is a very intelligent woman who has made some very troubling (if no doubt lucrative) professional choices over the past decade.

In July 2016, Estrich was retained as legal counsel to the former Fox News chairman Roger Ailes — whom she met on the George H. W. Bush campaign trail in 1988 and whom she considered a close friend.[17] Ailes lost his job after a number of women who worked for Fox News accused him of sexual harassment. Her attacks against Gabe Sherman, the New Yorkreporter who broke the scandal, were negatively viewed by some who felt the representation to be inconsistent with Estrich's pro-feminist philosophy.[18]

In October 2018, Estrich joined Boies Schiller Flexner LLP as a partner in its Los Angeles office.[19] In 2022, she represented Leon Black, a billionaire investor and associate of Jeffrey Epstein, who was accused of raping a woman in 2002 whom Epstein had introduced him to.[20] Estrich was quoted claiming that the accusation was "categorically false" and "part of a scheme to extort money from Mr. Black".

​]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Estrich

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    While multiple witnesses (including Maxwell) have reported the existence of the cameras, I haven't seen any source with personal knowledge say that "reams of footage" exist (or existed at the time of the raid).

"Thousands" of photographs were seized, but none of those are thought to have included men.

Maxwell likely knowsmore than any other individual, but is extraordinarily unlikely to reveal any of it,

Leave a comment:

• WOM
    replied
    This preoccupies me far less than constantly wondering why we don't know more about what was found in all the searches in New York and on paedo island. Apparently every room had cameras....there's apparently reams of footage....so, who has it and what's on it? Who are they shielding and why? What was in the safes? Who else have the women mentioned by name? Someone knows everything.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    It's just vile.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X