X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruno
    started a topic Jeffrey Epstein thread

Jeffrey Epstein thread

He's been discussed on the Trump thread but of course the story is broader in scope than that, and pretty interesting.

Jeffrey Epstein's Rolodex

How Jeffrey Epstein Made His Money: Four Wild Theories

I think many Democrats still haven't reckoned with the extent of Clinton's moral equivalence to Trump. And many Trump supporters are bewildered by the apparent double standard.
    Last edited by Bruno; 10-07-2019, 11:28.

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Berba, I can only access the UK edition, but the framing of their article is quite strange, starting with a dozen paragraphs or so on Lady M, then a few of his female dalliances, before getting to Kincora.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Palace is more worried about this than they are about Andy.

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    Originally posted by beak View Post
    this interview is possibly even wilder than the one with the comedy russian MMA chauffeur. doesn't back down defending epstein,
    He says that he first met Epstein round at James Goldsmith's house. Of course, where else.

Leave a comment:

• The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
    replied
    Leafing through the Irish version of the Sunday times in the shop, it seems that a lot of this book about Mountbatten is concerned with the Kincora Boys home. You wouldn't have got that impression from initial coverage of it. This could get extremely messy. Similarly, you have to go a long way down through the reviews before you discover that another chunk is about his role in that coup that nearly happened in 1968, and how the queen had to convince him not to be part of it. .

That is not a story that reflects well on the royal family in a very different way.
    Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; Today, 12:46.

Leave a comment:

• TonTon
    replied
    That last sentence of scumbag Windsor's statement...

Leave a comment:

• beak
    replied
    this interview is possibly even wilder than the one with the comedy russian MMA chauffeur. doesn't back down defending epstein, realizes halfway through how big a hole he is digging, continues to talk about crimes he was in direct proximity of.

Yeah, I’ve heard the name in regards to Epstein.

You’ve heard the name—he’s one of the greatest scientists of the age, and you heard his name, oh bravo, you’re very qualified. You’re so full of shit, it’s terrible. You should not be writing about this. You’re not qualified.

Oh boy. Why did I pick up the phone? Why wasn’t I out to dinner?

Do you think Dershowitz—

What have I done? You’re going to distort everything I said. I just know it.

You’re being very clear in what you’re saying, and it’s very easy to understand your point of view here.

I never knew what the hell he was doing. On the other hand, however, I was instrumental—I hung out with the scientists. He introduced me to a lot of scientists I otherwise would not have known.
    kind of exploitative of someone who i am going to take a wild stab in the dark and say has dementia, also very illustrative of how a shitload of people made themselves blind to the horror and will break their spines bending over backwards to justify it. it's an uncomfortable read, but a truly remarkable one.

Leave a comment:

replied
    I'm just impressed that he's managed to blunder into pretty much the last sort of scandal that everyone is agreed is bad.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    As Ursus says, WTF are his handlers thinking? He is clearly shitting bricks and these statements seem to be expressions of panic mode, which simply make him appear guilty of the accusations against him, but there must be professionals with calmer heads around him who are not stepping up and doing their jobs.

He can't ask the press to cool it when he's escalating the conversation.
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; Today, 08:23.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    It almost feels that his digging himself a hole here. Anyway got a spade handy to lend him?

Leave a comment:

• Nefertiti2
    replied
    Suggests they're really rattled by that Marina Hyde article

https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/1165247937951281154?s=20

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Because he is an idiot and his handlers have no grasp of reality?

Leave a comment:

• TonTon
    replied
    Why put that out as a statement?

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    [URL="https://twitter.com/bbcbreaking/status/1165248585153351680?s=21"]https://twitter.com/bbcbreaking/status/1165248585153351680[/URL]

Leave a comment:

• WOM
    replied
    Another statement: the prince didn't suspect a thing.

Can't link on mobile, but it's on the BBC.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Well, they do have that 95+ percent conviction rate to defend.

But there is a long way to go from here to there actually being charges. That said, I order if his "model tycoon" pal is researching extradition treaties.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    The French prosecutors have opened a formal investigation into whether Epstein and/or his associates committed chargeable crimes on French territory or against French citizens.
    Given what we've just seen with the Sophie Toscan Du Plantier case, they will convict a ham sandwich that has never been to france, on evidence so bad that the Irish DPP more or less told the Gardai that if he finished reading the file they sent him, he'd have to start prosecuting them.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    The French prosecutors have opened a formal investigation into whether Epstein and/or his associates committed chargeable crimes on French territory or against French citizens.

Leave a comment:

• WOM
    replied
    Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

Poor Prince Andrew is ‘appalled’ by Epstein. Let that be an end to it

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...y_to_clipboard

Here's the excellent Hyde article.
    That is indeed a brilliant article.

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
    Outside the UK?
    Which one of his Mum's courts is going to extradite him? As long as it's not something he gets arrested for immediately, yeah, effectively outside the UK as well.

Leave a comment:

• Freestyling buck wilding Stijn Stijnen
    replied
    Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
    I think that perhaps the most telling thing is that the Queen doesn't think that Andrew has done anything wrong, or if she does, she can't stop appearing with him and promoting him.
    I'd noticed that TAB, saw him joining Sarah on holiday last week as part of some attempted PR/damage control, all doing their bit to keep a veneer of respectability FOR QUEEN AND COUNTRY. Fuckin meh.

Leave a comment:

replied
    I think that perhaps the most telling thing is that the Queen doesn't think that Andrew has done anything wrong, or if she does, she can't stop appearing with him and promoting him.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Porked by Porchie?

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/on-d...-relationship/

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    Wasn't there always a rumour that Andrew was a bastard? He's eight years younger than Anne, looks nothing like Philip but does look astonishingly like the bloke who trained Liz's horses...

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Originally posted by Etienne View Post
    The most read and second most read stories on the Guardian today are about Prince Andrew. There's obviously some interest in him. The second one is Marina Hyde on top form.
    Poor Prince Andrew is ‘appalled’ by Epstein. Let that be an end to it

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...y_to_clipboard

Here's the excellent Hyde article.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Perhaps I'm not best placed to judge, but I would suggest that a George V era letter box would look like a "heartthrob" next to Charles.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X