Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Andrew formerly known as Prince (was: Jeffrey Epstein thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Andrew formerly known as Prince (was: Jeffrey Epstein thread)

Jeffrey Epstein's Rolodex

How Jeffrey Epstein Made His Money: Four Wild Theories
    Last edited by Bruno; 03-01-2020, 14:20.

Not sure he merits a third thread (also discussed on the Me Too thread), but here is a working link to the "wild theories" story.

The Democrats that I have discussed this with would be perfectly happy to see Clinton go to jail if he is proven to have participated in sex trafficking and/or statutory rape.

Comment

No worries. The link function has been wonky recently.

To me, all Me Too stories are more than that.

I'm somewhat concerned that this is becoming the next silver bullet for a certain portion of the "Reisistance" that is constantly looking for a deus ex machina to get him out of office.

And there are definitely some Democrats who do match your description, as any perusal of comments on Gillibrand/Franken will attest.

Comment

For those not familiar with the details of the Epstein case, this is a solid short precis from the NYT.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
          No worries. The link function has been wonky recently.

To me, all Me Too stories are more than that.

I'm somewhat concerned that this is becoming the next silver bullet for a certain portion of the "Reisistance" that is constantly looking for a deus ex machina to get him out of office.

And there are definitely some Democrats who do match your description, as any perusal of comments on Gillibrand/Franken will attest.
          If social media is any guide, there are a significant number of middle-aged women who are furious at Gillibrand for calling for Franken to leave office. Gillibrand may have torpedoed her presidential candidacy there and then, well that and also going after Bill Clinton for roughly the same thing.

It would not be a bad thing if Epstein's many crimes came to light, but I feel like the Resistance hasn't exactly cottoned on that if Trump is going down then Bill Clinton is absolutely going down, and probably other Democrats on top of that. Nancy Pelosi's daughter kind of gave the game away on that.

Comment

I'd be perfectly happy to see Bill, Donald and Randy Andy go down with Epstein. Creeps, the lot. And only a blind man would see their association as incidental.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
              I'd be perfectly happy to see Bill, Donald and Randy Andy go down with Epstein. Creeps, the lot. And only a blind man would see their association as incidental.
              Not going to happen mate. If he sings it would put dozens of rich influential people behind bars. Epstein was a known fixer for well heeled perverts and peodo's. God know what was going one with his con air flights.
              Expect there to be a person of colour arrested on some feeble sexual assault charge like Chris Brown or Cuba gooding Jnr as a diversionary tactic.

Comment

What misogynist fuckery is that? Whether the accusations against Chris Brown -- accessory to rape -- are "feeble" is for the French courts to decide. But to describe any rape allegation as "feeble" before it is shown to be so is pretty disgusting. And more so if it is then called a racist diversionary tactic.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                  What misogynist fuckery is that? Whether the accusations against Chris Brown -- accessory to rape -- are "feeble" is for the French courts to decide. But to describe any rape allegation as "feeble" before it is shown to be so is pretty disgusting. And more so if it is then called a racist diversionary tactic.
                  I never said any rape allegation is feeble G-man and you know it. Actually, I never mentioned the word rape, I said sexual assault so please dial down your fake outrage and playing to the gallery.

The Chris Brown allegation was feeble as it was debunked pretty quickly.
                  Also a quick look at the timings and the media coverage of them coincides with certain H. Weinstien going to court and getting more charges dropped. Now it may be a coincidence as far as you are concerned (and that's fair enough). To me it's a pattern.
                  I am interested in watching this play out and i would be happy to be proved wrong as it would mean a monster will be behind bars.

Comment

That's... something.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                      For those not familiar with the details of the Epstein case, this is a solid short precis from the NYT.
                      Thanks for linking to that. I wonder if anyone from the UK establishment is implicated in this?

Comment

Is there anyone more "establishment" than a prominent member of the royal family?

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

I never said any rape allegation is feeble G-man and you know it. Actually, I never mentioned the word rape, I said sexual assault so please dial down your fake outrage and playing to the gallery.

The Chris Brown allegation was feeble as it was debunked pretty quickly.
                          Parsing the difference between sexual assault or rape? Are you serious?

You said about a case of alleged rape: "Expect there to be a person of colour arrested on some feeble sexual assault charge like Chris Brown...". It doesn't matter that you think that some rape or sexual assault allegations aren't feeble. You are calling an allegation that is still under judicial review "feeble".

And it's a really bad example to make your point, which in itself is not without merit. The Brown allegations haven't been "debunked", as far as I know. In May he was supposed to come to Paris for a hearing, which he skipped.

Your dismissal of my response as an inauthentic bid for attention is straight out of the playbook of the defenders of the indefensible.

Comment

G-Man,
                            as far as I know. In May he was supposed to come to Paris for a hearing, which he skipped.
                            I would strongly caution you to not base an opinion based on the sensational headline. If you look behind the headlines you will see that Brown did not have to attend the hearing. That small but very important snippet is buried deep in the article.
                            The article below is much less sensationalised than the American versions that omitted this important fact.
                            https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a8932961.html

Did you ask yourself why the French authorities have yet to even threaten let alone even issue an arrest warrant for him?
                            As for Chris Brown, you know the media have been after him for a very long time. After the Cosby verdict the talking heads in the media clearly said they will be going after him, R Kelly, Michael Jackson and Kobe Bryant. Now more fool Brown for going anywhere a female with such a big target on his back especially after one got him Swatted last year. It is a matter of time before he is behind bars for a sexual or physical assault charge but as the French authorities do not seem to have a personal axe to grind against him, I strongly doubt it is this case.

And this
                            playbook of the defenders of the indefensible.
                            You are doing exactly what you are accusing me of doing. This is the point where you show my track history of defending people who have been found guilty of sexual assault...

For comparison, check the date on the Chris Brown article with this Weinstein one below
                            https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48393721

Not convinced?

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/11/u...ers/index.html

closely followed by this...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-48960545

These are not coincidences.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno
                              Amazing story on why Epstein didn't have to be registered as a sex offender in New Mexico (where he has ranch + mansion + private airport).

Dahlia Lithwick's evisceration of Alex Acosta (the current Labor Secretary who oversaw Epstein's sweetheart Florida plea deal in 2008).

Institutional rapism, sad as hell.
                              We can't see this without a subscription, any chance of a brief summary please?

Comment

Thanks Bruno, that's quite worrying.
                                What is the appetite in America to go after those who helped to minimise these charges deliberately. I am sure Alex Acosta is not the only "helper" who hasn't moved to higher office in the intervening decade.

Comment

You think it's a coincidence that Acosta is safely by his side in Washington?

Comment

Acosta no doubt got his position for services rendered (many of which had nothing to do with Epstein, no doubt), but Bruno is right that he will be deposited under the bus if the story continues to get prominent attention on the teevee.

Note this morning that Epstein lawyer Ken Starr has been on Fox News 65 times since the arrest without once being asked about his former(?) client.

Comment

No clue. I barely watch CNN in hotels.

I think that he may be hiding out on the Vineyard, unless he's found a more MAGA-friendly place for the summer.

Comment

Acosta resigns

https://twitter.com/markknoller/status/1149674648809984001

Comment

Good riddance, of course. But it's interesting that the one senior person taken down on this is the one who protected Epstein and his associates. None of the actual associates seems to have been that damaged by association yet.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1149684342156697600

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                              None of the actual associates seems to have been that damaged by association yet.
                                              This will take time (if it ever happens). The investigative focus up to this point has very much been on Epstein, not his "friends".

That has the potential to change (particularly if Ghislaine Maxwell is cooperating fully), but is by no means certain.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                                Is there anyone more "establishment" than a prominent member of the royal family?
                                                That's exactly what I was implying. I'm sure I've heard their names mentioned together.

Comment

All the time over here, possibly even more than either Clinton or Trump.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X