Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Andrew formerly known as Prince (was: Jeffrey Epstein thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ad hoc
    replied
    Everyone knows (a) he's a nonce; (b) he'll never go to prison for it, or suffer in any way. The question is whether she gets something out of him for the abuse he subjected her to.

Leave a comment:

• caja-dglh
    replied
    My impression is that the uncertainty on the protections from the other settlement are the main way the case could be dismissed - most the other items appear very low likelihood procedural ideas. Interpretation of the settlement is going to be key and - from what I can tell - seems uncertain as to how it will fall. Like a VAR decision, someone will be very disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• The Bean Counter
    replied
    As I understood it, the settlement states that she agrees not to pursue any other "potential defendants" in the action. Ironically in light of one of Andrew's defences, Giuffre's lawyers are arguing that as the case against Epstein was taken in Florida, and the Florida court would not have had jurisdiction over her claim against Andrew, he was not a potential defendant in the case so the settlement doesn't apply.
    Have I understood this correctly and if so, is the New York court likely to agree (or are there other grounds on which they might set aside the settlement)?

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    What a dreadful society and what a dreadful legal system if that turns out to be the case WOM .

Leave a comment:

• WOM
    replied
    In light of what happened in the Bill Cosby case, it's hard to read that release document and not think 'yeah, this document looks pretty air-tight'. She agreed to not pursue 'princes, politicians and others...' and now she's doing just that.

Leave a comment:

• David Agnew
    replied
    Originally posted by kokamoa View Post

It's a matter of record though that the Pizza Express meeting took place on March 10 2001 or as it was better known before this, the day Roy Essandoh scored the winner for Wycombe and knocked Leicester out of the FA Cup.
    It's also a matter of record that the Woking Pizza Express meeting was for Princess Beatrice's birthday. Which is in August. No wonder she can't remember it.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...rginia-giuffre

Last edited by Sporting; 04-01-2022, 05:16.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Not to undermine your general point, but they haven't established squat.

They have asserted that in the media, but not provided any evidence to that effect in court, let alone received a favourable ruling.

Leave a comment:

• G-Man
    replied
    She lives comfortably in Australia, as Andrew Windsor's lawyers have helpfully established. Her number might not be counted digits but in drops of sweat, as it were.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Yes, of course she would.

The idea is based on the assumption that everyone has a "number" - which is generally, but not universally, true.

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

This is a virtual certainty should all of the procedural motions fail. He can't really risk a trial.
    Giuffre have to agree wouldn't she? From the little I've read about her, she may not.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    So the documents have been unsealed and released. Do they allow Andrew to dismiss this on technicalities? That's what I'm inferring but I'm not a lawyer in any sense and base this on my interpretation of the article in the Guardian.

Leave a comment:

• Hot Pepsi
    replied
    That’s not going to help to end speculation that it was not really suicide.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Yes, the announcement that no further formal action was going to be taken against the guards was made the day after the verdict.

Though that was rather serendipitous, as the trigger for the announcement was the guards' successful completion of the requirements of the deferred prosecution agreements they had entered into earlier in the year (community service, cooperation with the investigation, no further offending). Their doing so obligated the government to seek to close the case.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Seems the case against the prison guards the night Epstein died has been dropped.
    I think it was dropped, or announced, at the same time as the Maxwell verdict.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    I think that it is more widely used in French, but I have definitely used in in emails (though not in the context of fee discussions).

Leave a comment:

• Hot Pepsi
    replied
    Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    Andrew's legal defence so far wouldn't have been cheap, but it won't yet have approached pharonic sums. All that they have been doing is filing procedural motions and communicating with friendly media, not actually tying to develop exculpatory evidence, which requires rather more work.

But yes, that defence, like much of the rest of his parasitical lifestyle, will have been funded by the UK taxpayers given the fungibility of money.
    Is "pharonic" a term lawyers can use in formal communication with their clients? You could also go with "ungodly" or, as Patton Oswalt suggested in one of his bits, "sacrilegious."

Leave a comment:

• The Bean Counter
    replied
    His strategy seems to be staying out of prison at all costs, rather than actually clearing his name. I wonder why.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
    The first Guardian link seems to assume that he will reach a financial settlement with Giuffre.
    This is a virtual certainty should all of the procedural motions fail. He can't really risk a trial.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Andrew's legal defence so far wouldn't have been cheap, but it won't yet have approached pharonic sums. All that they have been doing is filing procedural motions and communicating with friendly media, not actually tying to develop exculpatory evidence, which requires rather more work.

But yes, that defence, like much of the rest of his parasitical lifestyle, will have been funded by the UK taxpayers given the fungibility of money.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    The first Guardian link seems to assume that he will reach a financial settlement with Giuffre.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    Seems fair enough.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Seems the case against the prison guards the night Epstein died has been dropped.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Well I’m fucking glad I’m not one of them any longer, if that’s the case.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
    Who's paying for his legal team? It seems like all of this must be costing a huge amount
    I presume the UK tax payer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X