Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Andrew formerly known as Prince (was: Jeffrey Epstein thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of us don't subscribe to Netflix.

Comment

There's probably a free trial.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
        Did anyone besides me watch the Netflix docuseries?
        I did. Grim viewing wasn't it? Certainly, from the evidence it presented this arrest was long overdue.

Comment

It was difficult to watch, but the courage of Epstein/Maxwell's victims is inspiring (as is Judge Berman). Epstein's and now Maxwell's arrest clearly are an outcome of #MeToo.

Comment

We watched it and my daughter and her boyfriend watched it, despite only having the faintest idea of who anyone was. We were all appalled, to say the least.

As I've posted before, if three years ago you'd said there was a secret child sex ring for Princes, Presidents and Billionaires, you'd have been laughed out of the room.

Let's hope she lives to see her day in court.

Comment

Not sure you'd have been laughed out of the room. The idea was hardly foreign, certainly after the Westminster rape ring was exposed. Still, the Epstein story, right up to his death, plays out like a TV drama that relies on wild conspiracies. Except, of course, this was no TV series. And after this, TV dramas with wild conspiracies are easier to buy into.

Comment

Watching it took my breath away at how seemingly effortless it was for Epstein to create his little world. I suppose I would have assumed that having a child sex ring would involve more direct coercion if not kidnapping, but in this case a lot of girls just drove over to Palm Beach Island on word of mouth. The interviews of the women who brought a bunch of their friends over were gut-wrenching.

I wish more was known about Bill Clinton's participation.

Comment

Well if someone stays alive a little longer....

Comment

How the Maxwell family got to keep their position and their wealth for so long is also astounding. It was clear in the 80s that Robert and Kevin at least were crooks.

How tf has Kevin Maxwell stayed out of jail?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                      I wish more was known about Bill Clinton's participation.
                      To say the least. And who else was caught on video raping children in all of those mansions over all of those years. Because, if the basic assumption is that the videos were his leverage to getting his hands on people's money, there were lots of people involved. Murkiest of all is the Wexner connection. What was in the safe? What will see the light and what will get buried forever? If only I had faith in any institutions any more...

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
                        How the Maxwell family got to keep their position and their wealth for so long is also astounding. It was clear in the 80s that Robert and Kevin at least were crooks.

How tf has Kevin Maxwell stayed out of jail?
                        Maxwell Snr was rumbled publicly* as early as 1969, leading the DTI to say two years later that "we regret having to conclude that, notwithstanding Mr Maxwell's acknowledged abilities and energy, he is not in our opinion a person who can be relied on to exercise proper stewardship of a publicly quoted company". But he was back in action soon afterwards of course.

*he was thought to be suspect a lot earlier than that of course.

Comment

https://twitter.com/thauma_idesthai/status/1279137903864659970

Comment

You'd think that Dershowitz would be keeping his head down.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                              Not sure you'd have been laughed out of the room. The idea was hardly foreign, certainly after the Westminster rape ring was exposed. Still, the Epstein story, right up to his death, plays out like a TV drama that relies on wild conspiracies. Except, of course, this was no TV series. And after this, TV dramas with wild conspiracies are easier to buy into.
                              What Westminster rape ring?

Comment

The accuser was found to be a fantasist.

Comment

Yes, that’s what I thought. Just checking there wasn’t a new one. I think a number of totally innocent people had their lives ruined over that.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I'd heard of accusations against Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein more than three years ago. Virginia Giuffre was filing lawsuits against Epstein from 2009 and he had been under investigation for sexual misconduct several years before that. Prince Andrew was regularly referred to as "Randy Andy" in the tabloid press. There was plenty of news print about his relationship with Epstein around 2010 / 2011 and he broke off contact and resigned from his trade envoy role because of it.

Comment

Fuck the Guardian

( and the observer too, come to that)

here’s usually an element of witch burning whenever a woman is involved, and, with Epstein dead (found hanged in his cell last August), this looks set to be true for Maxwel

Comment

Barbara Ellen has been utter shite bar her Manics interview piece on '94, no change here.

Comment

https://twitter.com/del_khan/status/1279779240553197569?s=21

Comment

Some other pieces from that site by the same author

https://brownvalleyobserver.com/2020...intons-arrest/

https://brownvalleyobserver.com/2020...m-coronavirus/

Comment

Thanks- should have checked

Comment

But what an indictment that the pretty wild elimination by Covid-19 theory is plausible enough to have legs.

Comment

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1280504182743670789

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1280510057407528967

Comment

$150 million is getting off pretty light for what they overlooked. Deutsche is really showing itself to be a morally upstanding institution, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X