Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TonTon
    replied
    "entirely possible" and "fairly likely" aren't the same thing. But I was asking more generally anyway. But this is probably another thread I should avoid.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    That it seems entirely possible that his death was involuntary doesn't imply that he also might not have killed himself

Leave a comment:

• TonTon
    replied
    Can I just ask what it is that seems unlikely to people about a prisoner on remand in the US committing suicide?

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Freestyling buck wilding Stijn Stijnen View Post
    Trawling through twitter since this news broke has been a trip.
    People on both sides of the political spectrum, convinced that it's all to cover up the other sides misdemeanours.
    Are there two sides here? Seems to me that it's fairly likely he was offed but that I have no idea whether it was Trump, Clinton, Windsor, Dershowitz, or AN Other. They're all cunts who would be desperate for him not to talk. Don't feel like I have a "side" here other than the side of Epstein's (and Trump, Clinton, Windsor, Dershowitz, et al's) victims

Leave a comment:

• Freestyling buck wilding Stijn Stijnen
    replied
    Trawling through twitter since this news broke has been a trip.
    People on both sides of the political spectrum, convinced that it's all to cover up the other sides misdemeanours.
    Drawing battle lines over paedophilia.
    Fuckin' grooveh

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    It's not the first time that Trump has promoted conspiracy theories concerning allegedly Clinton-related suicides.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
    She's mentioned in today's Observer
    'His conduct left an impression that lingered': the life of Jeffrey Epstein

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...y_to_clipboard

Here is one of the articles. She's named as the alleged recruiter.

Leave a comment:

• TonTon
    replied
    Content warning: discussion of suicidal ideation and suicide watch protocol.

https://twitter.com/CZEdwards/status/1160297568837832704

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Originally posted by MsD View Post
    What a strange life. Your father dies falling from a boat named after you, and is revealed to be a bit of a monster with interesting connections. Then you choose to take up with Jeffrey Epstein.
    Both men commit suicide in strange circumstances with huge criminal proceedings awaiting them.

Leave a comment:

• MsD
    replied
    What a strange life. Your father dies falling from a boat named after you, and is revealed to be a bit of a monster with interesting connections. Then you choose to take up with Jeffrey Epstein.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    She's mentioned in today's Observer

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
    I was sure the Guardian had named her previously (like weeks back), but mibees naw.
    They have named her multiple times. Including just before his suicide when all the documents were released, the ones that accused Andrew Windsor of gropping a child.
    Last edited by Antepli Ejderha; 11-08-2019, 09:56. Reason: Predictive text added the word banned

Leave a comment:

• G-Man
    replied
    This is LA Confidential territiory.

Leave a comment:

• anton pulisov
    replied
    House of Cards has nothing on this shit

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    I was sure the Guardian had named her previously (like weeks back), but mibees naw.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    That pattern suggests to me that they have been in receipt of evolving legal advice (perhaps as her name became more widely disseminated in the UK) and/or were waiting for senior management to make a risk judgement that hadn't arrived at the time of the script.

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    She's named on the C4 News website in relation to the release of the court documents. That's why the "British woman" thing on tonight's broadcast programme seemed odd. Not identifying her is potentially confusing given that anyone following the story knows who it is. If not a product of extreme caution as ursus suggested, it is sloppy scripting.

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
    If I were the unnamed British woman, and/or related to someone who also once very conveniently fell off a boat, I would be exceedingly careful about what and where I was eating over the next few months.
    The following BBC report includes the name Ghislaine Maxwell:- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49305967
    Last edited by Janik; 10-08-2019, 23:32.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    [URL="https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1160322330238865408?s=21"]https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1160322330238865408[/URL]

Leave a comment:

• San Bernardhinault
    replied
    If you had to bet on which of Team Trump, Team Clinton, Team UK Royal Family or suicide caused his death, I think you might as well just roll a tetrahedral die.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Femme Folle
    replied
    Originally posted by TonTon View Post
    Ah ok. Seems I also assumed incorrectly there would be rich-guy-awaiting-trial-prison there.
    A lot of rich-guys-awaiting-trial get to post bond and await trial in the comfort of their rich-guy homes.

Leave a comment:

• Flynnie
    replied
    Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
    If I were the unnamed British woman, and/or related to someone who also once very conveniently fell off a boat, I would be exceedingly careful about what and where I was eating over the next few months.
    I’m guessing that’s why she’s in hiding and nobody really knows where she is.

Leave a comment:

• San Bernardhinault
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    I cackled.

[URL]https://twitter.com/ScaryNewDad/status/1160224083226894336[/URL]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X