Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeffrey Epstein thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    That is broadly correct. I think he's interesting now only in as much as he damages the institution. He has been a third tier celeb basically since William was born and he stopped being second in line. There was residual tabloid interest for a while, mostly because it was salacious rather than because anyone cared.

    Comment


      It would only become an interesting story if there were a chance of criminal charges being brought against a royal. I assume he'd have protection from that possibility.

      Comment


        Outside the UK?

        Comment


          Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
          That is broadly correct. I think he's interesting now only in as much as he damages the institution. He has been a third tier celeb basically since William was born and he stopped being second in line. There was residual tabloid interest for a while, mostly because it was salacious rather than because anyone cared.
          He was very much top tier celeb when he married Ms Ferguson, with the televised wedding and all the hype. But maybe it was her attraction that fed interest in that guy. It looks like he became marginal when she dumped is sorry ass.

          Comment


            GMan is right, It was Fergie who was the media star when she was always unfavourably compared to Dianna being that she was ginger and not as skinny or blonde.
            Once they got divorced and Dianna died, the media focus shifted the charles and the coming of age William and Harry. The only time you see Andrew (and Edward for that matter) nowadays are weddings and funerals.

            Comment


              Though the cunt spoiled the Cricket World Cup ceremony by turning up on the podium.

              I don't think the British public care about Andrew per se, but I don't think it will do much for the Royals to have a senior member charged for sex crimes. Sadly, their media management is exceptionally good right now, so I doubt that it will do lasting damage to the institution.

              Comment


                FWIW, I think the chances of him being formally charged are very small.

                It seems quite clear that he took advantage of what Epstein offered, but the authorities (in part for reasons of jurisdiction and the statute of limitations) are focusing on those who were active participants in the trafficking, which he appears to be sufficiently remote from not to have to worry about prison.

                Comment


                  Well he'll always be treated with the deference he deserves over here.

                  Comment


                    The most read and second most read stories on the Guardian today are about Prince Andrew. There's obviously some interest in him. The second one is Marina Hyde on top form.

                    Comment


                      Hyde is awesome.

                      Comment


                        I can remember Prince Andrew being regarded as a "heartthrob" when I was at school. Even I thought he was quite attractive. Especially when stood next to Charles. Maybe even into the early 80s.
                        There was that whole business with Koo Stark before Fergie. The tabloids took every opportunity to post pictures of her topless and I think there was a story about her going to the palace without knickers. I know Vivienne Westwood also did that, I'm not mixing them up.

                        Comment


                          There's an interview with Koo Stark from 2015 where she defends Andrew, if you don't mind reading the Mail or can use that link bypass. Or, to save time, she says he was a nice man who would never have non-consensual sex.

                          https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ve-claims.html

                          Comment


                            Perhaps I'm not best placed to judge, but I would suggest that a George V era letter box would look like a "heartthrob" next to Charles.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                              The most read and second most read stories on the Guardian today are about Prince Andrew. There's obviously some interest in him. The second one is Marina Hyde on top form.
                              Poor Prince Andrew is ‘appalled’ by Epstein. Let that be an end to it

                              https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...y_to_clipboard

                              Here's the excellent Hyde article.

                              Comment


                                Wasn't there always a rumour that Andrew was a bastard? He's eight years younger than Anne, looks nothing like Philip but does look astonishingly like the bloke who trained Liz's horses...

                                Comment


                                  Porked by Porchie?

                                  https://www.radiotimes.com/news/on-d...-relationship/

                                  Comment


                                    I think that perhaps the most telling thing is that the Queen doesn't think that Andrew has done anything wrong, or if she does, she can't stop appearing with him and promoting him.

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                      I think that perhaps the most telling thing is that the Queen doesn't think that Andrew has done anything wrong, or if she does, she can't stop appearing with him and promoting him.
                                      I'd noticed that TAB, saw him joining Sarah on holiday last week as part of some attempted PR/damage control, all doing their bit to keep a veneer of respectability FOR QUEEN AND COUNTRY. Fuckin meh.

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                        Outside the UK?
                                        Which one of his Mum's courts is going to extradite him? As long as it's not something he gets arrested for immediately, yeah, effectively outside the UK as well.

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

                                          Poor Prince Andrew is ‘appalled’ by Epstein. Let that be an end to it

                                          https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...y_to_clipboard

                                          Here's the excellent Hyde article.
                                          That is indeed a brilliant article.

                                          Comment


                                            The French prosecutors have opened a formal investigation into whether Epstein and/or his associates committed chargeable crimes on French territory or against French citizens.

                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                              The French prosecutors have opened a formal investigation into whether Epstein and/or his associates committed chargeable crimes on French territory or against French citizens.
                                              Given what we've just seen with the Sophie Toscan Du Plantier case, they will convict a ham sandwich that has never been to france, on evidence so bad that the Irish DPP more or less told the Gardai that if he finished reading the file they sent him, he'd have to start prosecuting them.

                                              Comment


                                                Well, they do have that 95+ percent conviction rate to defend.

                                                But there is a long way to go from here to there actually being charges. That said, I order if his "model tycoon" pal is researching extradition treaties.

                                                Comment


                                                  Another statement: the prince didn't suspect a thing.

                                                  Can't link on mobile, but it's on the BBC.

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X