You really must visit....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You really must visit....

Taking a moment to highly recommend North Queensland. Remarkable place. Standing in a rainforest in the, er, rain was one of life's great experiences.

I was half expecting the Great Barrier Reef to be a huge letdown as I'd wanted to go there since I was 5. It wasn't.

Fantastic drive to from Cairns to Port Douglas too. Right up there with Nelson to Greymouth as the most spectacular scenery for a road trip.

I would love to.
    Bit of a hike, though.

Comment

It's worth it.

Comment

Our favourite destination too.

Comment

Although I miss rural southern France (generally) since moving down here.

Comment

Tasmania is beautiful too.... in a different way from FNQ. And the south of Western Australia is also an excellent place to visit.

Comment

Yep, was there a couple of months ago and did that exact drive (was it Sits who recommended a restaurant in Port Douglas?). Anyway, absolutely loved Cairns. Did you see the bats at dusk?

Comment

If the restaurant was On The Inlet, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                  Yep, was there a couple of months ago and did that exact drive (was it Sits who recommended a restaurant in Port Douglas?). Anyway, absolutely loved Cairns. Did you see the bats at dusk?
                  No, though I saw enough on the Gold Coast a few years back. We did see a couple of roos, many, many wallabies, a small cassowary and a platypus or two.

Comment

I concur with the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ethan View Post
                      Taking a moment to highly recommend North Queensland. Remarkable place. Standing in a rainforest in the, er, rain was one of life's great experiences.

I was half expecting the Great Barrier Reef to be a huge letdown as I'd wanted to go there since I was 5. It wasn't.

Fantastic drive to from Cairns to Port Douglas too. Right up there with Nelson to Greymouth as the most spectacular scenery for a road trip.
                      Totally agree man. Love that drive.

Mossman Gorge magic also

Comment

Working...
                      X