• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop Jeremy Hunt becoming Prime Minister

he's no better,

https://twitter.com/carolinejmolloy/status/1142857118267170821

[URL]https://twitter.com/fdseale/status/1142876127016476674?s=21[/URL]

Comment

And this from this afternoon- click through for the video.

[URL="https://twitter.com/GuyLodge/status/1142857177536835586[/URL]
      Last edited by Snake Plissken; 24-06-2019, 11:12.

Comment

The downturn in life expectancy is happening all over the western world.

I have a theory that it's because the baby boomers are the most hedonistic retirees ever.

Comment

Not universally. Plenty of developed countries are continuing to increase.

Comment

And/or 'developing'.

Comment

https://twitter.com/liamyoung/status...06801996517377

I think he may be worse than Johnson.

Comment

Parody account. But convincing.

Comment

This thread probably needs to be current anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                    The downturn in life expectancy is happening all over the western world.

I have a theory that it's because the baby boomers are the most hedonistic retirees ever.
                    I think there is room for the opioid epidemic and a sharp rise in suicide in the US.

Comment

Compare and contrast.

Free money for farmers
                      https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48819260

No problem if business go bust

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...t-was-worth-it

Comment

I note also that Unt has started wearing a little Union flag pin badge, the flag-draping empty husk prick.

Comment

But has he said watermelon smiles or picaninnies yet?

Comment

What a cunt!

https://twitter.com/JewishNewsUK/status/1145968134945460225

Comment

Frankly I'd sue for that kind of comment

Comment

He's have to sue Jewish News though rather than Hunt which wouldn't be a good idea.

Comment

Wants a free vote on the re-introduction of fox-hunting with dogs.

But hey, at least he's not a racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                                    Wants a free vote on the re-introduction of fox-hunting with dogs.

But hey, at least he's not a racist.

Outwardly. He's a Tory so that puts him on the scale imho.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

Outwardly. He's a Tory so that puts him on the scale imho.
                                      Most British people are more concerned with the rights of Foxes than tackling racism if truth be told.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

Most British people are more concerned with the rights of Foxes than tackling racism if truth be told.
                                        Not most of my own British friends, I would have to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

Not most of my own British friends, I would have to say.
                                          Then you should be glad you have a good circle of friends.

Comment

I suppose it was easier in the Blair period to pass a hunting ban than to introduce legislation that made the police truly accountable* but that's a reflection of institutional constraints than anti-hunting people being lax on racism themselves.

Police racism is held in place by a framework of institutions but fox-hunting was more of an anachronistic tradition of a fading rural class.

*I agree they should have tried much harder than they did.
                                            Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 05-07-2019, 09:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                              I suppose it was easier in the Blair period to pass a hunting ban than to introduce legislation that made the police truly accountable* but that's a reflection of institutional constraints than anti-hunting people being lax on racism themselves.

Police racism is held in place by a framework of institutions but fox-hunting was more of an anachronistic tradition of a fading rural class.

Some interesting points there that I do not necessarily disagree with.
                                              Here are my observations:

I am not so sure I agree with your point there.
                                              Fox hunting is pretty institutionalised in the UK amongst the upper classes. It's been part of their leisurely activities for hundreds of years for reasons even they don't know. However, they were happy to give it up to maintain the structural financial imbalance between the upper and working classes so as the working classes were celebrating and beating their chests, they were putting in policies that led to the banking crash of 2007-08 (for which they were bailed out). By 1997 the country was pissed off after nearly 20 years of Thatcher and Major and the foxhunting thing was an easy was to pacify the mob.
                                              This is the equivalent of the upper classes having to provide full equality and the ethical redistribution of wealth in return for the working classes giving up football.

Is an institution some kind of abstract thing or a group of people working towards a common cause and agenda with an agreed method of behaviour. I am not 100% sure, I am open to be convinced either way.

Not sure if they could have done much more. To pass statue, you need the approval of at least a majority of the population to approve or not give enough of the toss to take notice.
                                              Unfortunately, the majority of the working class would be fervently against any substantial action to get rid of racism. This link to a post by someone on another thread (I think Berbaslug) where it was put forward the middle and upper classes were more racist than the working class.

Poor Working class people vote tory
                                              Poor working class people vote UKIP
                                              The membership of the EDL is majority Poor working class
                                              The membership of the BNP was majority Poor working class
                                              The membership of the NF was majority Poor working class

And everyone on the messageboard knows it.
                                              I read alot of the personal posts from UK based posters and I have noticed:

A majority live in London or at least the largest cities
                                              A majority are from the provinces
                                              And wouldn't move back there for all the tea in China

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post
                                                The membership of the EDL is majority Poor working class
                                                The membership of the BNP was majority Poor working class
                                                The membership of the NF was majority Poor working class

But how many people in total are we talking about here? Surely the vast majority of the poor working class belong to no political or related organisation whatseover?

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

But how many people in total are we talking about here? Surely the vast majority of the poor working class belong to no political or related organisation whatseover?
                                                  I get your point, but most people who vote or lean towards Labour or conservatives are not members.
                                                  There is a reason why right-wing policies have held sway in British elections since the early 50's.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X