No announcement yet.

The All-Purpose Health Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've now started popping an Atorvastatin (20mg) in the morning, along with my Rampiril (5mg) and my Phenoxymethylpenicillin (2*250 twice a day). Along with no-one having kicked up about Aquamax being prescribed for me as well, I do pretty well out of my prescription prepayment certificate.

Comment

So they didn't make the call for my "initial assessment". And their phone number doesn't work. So maybe they've gone bust. Who knows?

Comment

They moved it to 11:30. But they didn't have time to tell me beforehand.

Why would someone say that as if it's a thing that's ok to say?

Comment

This is connected to diabetes prevention, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
            They moved it to 11:30. But they didn't have time to tell me beforehand.

Why would someone say that as if it's a thing that's ok to say?
            Corporations will never say 'sorry, entirely our fault' will they? That is what they are implying, but actually saying it would make them potentially liable. So their employees are under strict instructions to never do it. One has to hope the person who told you that at least felt shitty whilst they were doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
              This is connected to diabetes prevention, yes?
              Indeed it is, yes. I had a pep talk from the bouncy boy who called me late. And I'm going to have bouncy pep talks in a zoom group fortnightly for a while and then monthly. And then initial bouncy pep talk boy will call me back so I can tell him on a scale on 1 to 5....

Comment

Indeed it is, yes. I had a pep talk from the bouncy boy who called me late. And I'm going to have bouncy pep talks in a zoom group fortnightly for a while and then monthly. And then initial bouncy pep talk boy will call me back so I can tell him on a scale on 1 to 5....

Heh! Now, now. We need enthusiastic buy-in. Don't forget, cynicism is just despair dressed up as sophistication.

Have you been given some sort of programme to follow or are supposed to design something yourself?

Comment

I'm doing it, so, you know. But yeah I'm not cynical. I know that these things are the cheap way to do stuff, but that there'll be bits in it that help. I'm ok with this stuff as long as no-one tries to make me sing the company song.

The programme is revealed as we go, I think. Part of the excitement.

Comment

I'm doing it, so, you know. But yeah I'm not cynical. I know that these things are the cheap way to do stuff, but that there'll be bits in it that help. I'm ok with this stuff as long as no-one tries to make me sing the company song.

The programme is revealed as we go, I think. Part of the excitement.
                    That's a slightly unusual approach, the piecemeal revelation of the plan that is. Still, maybe it's proven to be a successful strategy.

Obviously, best of luck.

Comment

Apparently I have a PAP. I didn't know I had a PAP. I wonder what it is.

​​​​​​Further down the email, there's an attachment called "Personalised Action Plan". I guess that's what they meant up there by "PAP". It isn't personalised, at all, mind. It is personalisable. I shall suggest a change of name for this document.

My heart sinks opening it. It's going to be tough to avoid telling them to stick it up their patronising arses at some point, I reckon. But we'll see.

Comment

Since it will become a patronising arse plug, it can remain a PAP.

Comment

Hehe.

Comment

Well, that was less awful than it might have been. Mostly because there was very little content, mind. Only one moment when I had to turn off my camera so people couldn't see my laughing at the arrant nonsense being spouted.

Comment

Hope you turned the mic off too.

Comment

The mic was already off.

She's just trying to make a living, and she's been giving some bollocks she doesn't really understand, and she's trying to use it. She's not the devil.

But I'm 70/30 not going next time.

Comment

Sorry to hear that TonTon.

Comment

I've been feeling alright lately, apart from a bit of cabin fever, but I guess everyone is feeling that to some extent currently. My psoriasis seems to have calmed down a bit too, which is nice.

However, being indoors with the heating on is playing merry bloody hell with the fragile lining of my right nostril. Another spectacular 15-minute nosebleed last night, complete with Psycho style blood being washed down the plughole (sink rather than bath / shower, but you get the point). I'd go and get it looked at, but, y'know. I rather think there are more pressing concerns for medical professionals at present than sticking a red-hot poker* up my hooter.

*I assume that's how they cauterise these things.

Comment

You're nearly correct. Only they don't go in through the nose.

Comment

My first boyfriend used to get nose bleeds all the time. He had a jiu jitsu instructor who taught him a method for stopping the bleeds. It required him to lie on his back, lift the opposite leg to the nostril that was bleeding and then for someone to whack him hard on that foot. So, that was my role for years. In the middle of the street, in nightclubs, in supermarkets, whenever my boyfriend got a nose bleed, he would lie on the floor, lift the relevant leg and I'd smack the sole of his foot. It seemed to stop the nose bleeds, but probably only because of the change in gravity.

Comment

It's always the right nostril, which suggests a weak blood vessel up there somewhere.

I rather think if I take that remedy on board I'll also have chronic plantar fasciitis to deal with on top of everything else (something which I already have to a degree thanks to my flat feet).

Comment

I’m seeing a vascular surgeon next month ahead of a minor op. I have an ugly big fistula vein/artery on my left arm from my dialysis days (2002-4) and it’s started giving trouble at night, sometimes keeping me awake. Apparently this always happens eventually and long term it’s better for your heart to get them shut off (now they tell me). I must admit I’m also looking forward to getting it done as it will be a bit smaller and less ugly, as I’m very self conscious about it. Vain bugger.

SWIDT?

Comment

Working...
                                            X