Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am saying he is a racist.

Comment

Well yes, that's the bit that made sense.

Comment

I think Guy is refusing to say their real names in case it makes them appear, Liddle-like. out of the aether and into OTF.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
          I think Guy is refusing to say their real names in case it makes them appear, Liddle-like. out of the aether and into OTF.

Yes, I've never quite understood that. Surely having a hate figure on here to rail at for a while would be right up some people's streets. Liddle copped for a fair amount of abuse, (and quite rightly dealt it back).

Comment

What name did Liddle use here?

Comment

His own, I think, or some approximation thereof.

Comment

I'd love him to come back here. Just so I can ban the absolute christing fuck out of the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Yes, I've never quite understood that. Surely having a hate figure on here to rail at for a while would be right up some people's streets. Liddle copped for a fair amount of abuse, (and quite rightly dealt it back).
                  Hahahahaha what? The guy's a fucking racist, woman beating arsehole.

Quite rightly dealt it back, indeed.

Comment

Oh stop overreacting all the fucking time!

I meant that he didn't just let people to use him as a punchbag. He stood up for himself. I might not agree with what he says but if someone gobs off at him he has every right to have a pop back.

Comment

Bollocks. Absolute fucking bollocks.

Comment

Hah. Are you one of those people who like to shout abuse at a footballer for 90 minutes but then report him to the police when he sticks two fingers up at you at the end of the game?

Sounds like it.

Comment

Double down on your racist fucking bullshit and you deserve every single instance of being a fucking punchbag.

Fuck's sake.

Comment

Hah. Are you one of those people who like to shout abuse at a footballer for 90 minutes but then report him to the police when he sticks two fingers up at you at the end of the game.

Sounds like it.
                            Aye, that's me alright.

Comment

Well if you actually went to any games, of course.

Comment

Jesus fucking Christ.

Comment

This is a bit fucked up. Liddle is just vile. There is no reason to be civil to the fucker.

Comment

I don't think NS was suggesting that we should be civil to Liddle. Just that he thought it reasonable that Liddle fought back when we (rightfully) abused the hideous little wanker.

Comment

Never mind that. Have YOU been to the football lately, SB?

Comment

I don't think I've seen my team play in a decade.

Comment

Then stop criticising Rod, because reasons.

Comment

I suppose Smug Big Club bickering is appropriate on a Boris Johnson thread. All senses of entitlement and pointless bluster and no substance...

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                              I don't think NS was suggesting that we should be civil to Liddle. Just that he thought it reasonable that Liddle fought back when we (rightfully) abused the hideous little wanker.

Thanks SB. I'm not so sure why some people find the idea that you can disagree with someone's views but not be surprised or upset that they don't let themselves be abused without response, but there you go.

After all, roundly abusing people who you disagree with is working so well in the world at the moment.

Comment

After all, roundly abusing people who you disagree with is working so well in the world at the moment.
                                                I disagree on this point - maintaining civil discourse and adhering to old fashioned political norms has been properly chocolate teapot usefulness in the rise of Johnson and Trump and Bolsonaro and Orban and Putin and Erdogan. Given that there seems to be little value in being polite to people we hate, to fascists and abusers and sexists and racists, we might as well at least have the visceral pleasure of rhetorically tearing them new arseholes. (Although whether you can tear an arsehole a new arsehole is a matter for the philosophers, I suppose).

Comment

We've had this discussion on here before and I realise that I'm in the minority when I maintain that civil discourse is the actually the right approach, in some circumstances at least.

I prefer it to cathartic abuse for two reasons. Firstly, because I have to believe that reason, compassion and a compelling argument will always ultimately triumph over a lesser one. You won't always win round your opponent but you'll hopefully convince the audience. Secondly, because an overly-aggressive attitude often turns a potentially sympathetic audience against you.

Comment

In some circumstances I actually still agree with you - if I was trying to demonstrate that I would be competent at governing a country, I'd stick with being reasonable. But if Rod Liddle's on OTF, I struggle to see what sympathetic audience would swing to Rod's side if we were abusing him. Civil discourse would achieve nothing and cathartic abuse would be cathartic.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X