No announcement yet.

The disgraced corrupt racist liar thread:British PM edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is all getting very odd. It's almost as though Johnson is trying to self-sabotage his campaign. Perhaps it's his advisors, though. Maybe they're linked to the betting syndicates that George C is always going on about and got long odds on Jez H at the start of the leadership election process.

Seriously, though, Johnson's playing this dreadfully poorly. He might as well do some televised debates with Hunt - he'd be quite charming, crack a few witticisms and his fans would forgive him his lack of detail. It's already priced in. It's not as though Hunt is particularly articulate or the owner of a well-considered political philosophy or policy platform with which to wow the viewers.

And as for the argument with his g/f, well, why didn't he just say that he'd had a row with his partner, as we all have at some point I presume, but that it wasn't serious, they're all good now and it was a private matter anyway and of no-one else's concern.

Comment

Are you unfamiliar with the man's body of work?

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
        No, but they used the reach and authority of mainstream media to disseminate the story. Not all important journalism has to be 'investigative'.
        We need more of the latter then. Especially with a prospectively 'dangerous' PM about to installed.

Comment

Making models of buses: unusual but not that odd. Pretending you make models of buses: hmm.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics...buses-to-relax

Comment

Out of cardboard and painting happy commuters having fun on them, hmmer still.

Comment

I wonder what b*ll*cks he writes along the sides of those...

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
                Making models of buses: unusual but not that odd. Pretending you make models of buses: hmm.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics...buses-to-relax
                He probably did it once, when he was about ten years old.

Comment

That he uses the bus story to launch a lie about his useless new Routemaster really doesn't add to its credibility, as noted above.

"I like to paint them full of people fainting due to uncontrollable temperatures and always with the back door firmly closed. Gallia est omnis divisa in partes tres. For sure."

Comment

Originally posted by sw2borshch View Post
                    Out of cardboard and painting happy commuters having fun on them, hmmer still.
                    It was "wooden crates" at first, then they seemed to become cardboard boxes.

Comment

Wine was the common thread.

Comment

I want to see this "model bus".

Comment

Too much, Model bus.

Comment

It's a fucking reckless and pointless kind of lie. Guess he was trying to be flippant.

Comment

Unless he’s caught on camera anally raping The Queen before the Tory members get to tick their box, Johnson is going to be our PM. The fools would probably choose Farage over him if they had the option, but even so, it’s so bloody depressing that a lying and incompetent buffoon who fancies himself as Pericles will be our next Prime Minister.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                It's a fucking reckless and pointless kind of lie. Guess he was trying to be flippant.
                                See the narcissism thread. My unexpert opinion is that this is where it tips over into illness - he can't help making a stupid, stupid lie.

Comment

Originally posted by slackster View Post
                                  Unless he’s caught on camera anally raping The Queen before the Tory members get to tick their box, Johnson is going to be our PM. The fools would probably choose Farage over him if they had the option, but even so, it’s so bloody depressing that a lying and incompetent buffoon who fancies himself as Pericles will be our next Prime Minister.
                                  I think hunt has a chance- which might be worse in the long run...

Comment

Yeah, at least there's an Evens chance Johnson breaks the Union(s).

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-and-lie-again

Guardian puts the boot in. Completely fair.

Comment

Thats what Crace does, and he’s bloody good at it.

Comment

Maybe?

https://twitter.com/ChrissieGrech/status/1143548325410627591?s=19

Comment

I remember when he withdrew from the 2016 leadership election. He looked anything but distraught. At the time I thought that he was rather impressively putting a brave face on it but it might just be that, consciously or sub-consciously, he knows that he's not up to the job.

Comment

I think that he knew that he couldn't guarantee a victory and that May wouldn't hesitate to turn nasty if it came to it. So he's spent the last couple of years cultivating the Bannons and Crosbys of this world for the inevitable second go around.

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
                                                https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-and-lie-again

Guardian puts the boot in. Completely fair.
                                                I read this as a piece of satire but I think most of it is true. Fuck.

Comment

Boris Johnson "Foreigners must speak English"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tel...migration/amp/

Why not go the whole hog and outlaw the speaking of Welsh again.

(After all, the roots of Welsh means "foreigner" - as does "Walloon")
                                                  Last edited by Guy Profumo; 27-06-2019, 11:08.

Comment

Trump and Johnson seem to use the same talking points within days of each other. Racist Australian policies in this case.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X