Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

Thanks.

When will someone use parliamentary privilege to bring Johnson to account?
    never

Comment

False hope is so much worse than anything else Nef. Gove is desperate to dish the dirt on Johnson, if he got absolutely smashed and had a few lines I'm sure he'd blurt it all out.

Johnson is being empty chaired by Channel Four in tonight's debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
        False hope is so much worse than anything else Nef. Gove is desperate to dish the dirt on Johnson, if he got absolutely smashed and had a few lines I'm sure he'd blurt it all out.

Johnson is being empty chaired by Channel Four in tonight's debate.
        an angry Gove is an interesting prospect, true.

Comment

Gove appears to want to stop Johnson at any cost. It was also probably Johnson who leaked the cocaine story that scuppered Gove before he even started. If another candidate has a chance I can see Gove doing the dirty. I'm hoping so in blind faith if I'm being honest.

Comment

The thing is it's definitely in the public interest to know what kind of a man he is. Many conservatives, with a small c, would abhor the kind of behaviours that Johnson has exhibited.

Comment

Well, we might have thought that about US conservatives and Trump...

Comment

Beat me to it.

The "cocaine issue" alone conclusively demonstrates that the "rules" for him are fundamentally different.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                  Beat me to it.

The "cocaine issue" alone conclusively demonstrates that the "rules" for him are fundamentally different.
                  Johnson or Gove?

It's probably both tbh. Gove had teachers struck off for use of class As. Johnson is a serial hypocrite.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post

an angry Gove is an interesting prospect, true.
                    He might go all "great bunch of lads" like his puppet

https://youtu.be/0Rlz-bOB520

Comment

Johnson, AE

Gove is obviously a terrible hypocrite, but the Tory membership (led by his media cheerleaders) clearly believe that such rules do not apply to their "legend".

I first encountered this with Berlusconi, but there is a depressingly large number of voters who are terribly attracted to guys (it is always men) who appear capable of "getting away with anything" - in part for the lulz, but more because they believe that it makes it more likely that their own personal peccadilloes will never be exposed.
                      Last edited by ursus arctos; 16-06-2019, 11:58.

Comment

Johnson, AE

Gove is obviously a terrible hypocrite, but the Tory membership (led by his media cheerleaders) clearly believe that such rules do not apply to their "legend".

I first encountered this with Berlusconi, but there is a depressingly large number of voters who are terribly attracted to guys (it is always men) who appear capable of "getting away with anything" - in part for the lulz, but more because they believe that it makes it more likely that their own personal peccadilloes will never be exposed.
                        Surely there are gals who vote for these arseholes as well?

Comment

"Voters". The rogue candidates are always guys.

Comment

Quite.

Sarah Palin appeals to many of the same people, but for different reasons.

Comment

Johnson, AE

That was Charlie Haughey and Bertie Ahern's appeal to people in a nutshell.

Comment

Erdoğan is another of these. This polar politics is horrendous and for me started with George Bush Junior and his you are either with us or against us narrative.

Comment

Johnson, AE

I was thikking about silvio as well. You can be sure that every goat sodomizer out there, is a Johnson Man, because it's not beyond the realms of possiblity that he shares their vice, in the hope that it comes out that he sodomizes goats, at which point it will become a totally ledge super bantz thing to do in their community. it's the main part of Trumps appeal. He couldn't be any clearer if he went up to every person in the country, and said to them "I will personally make it ok for you to say or do whatever it is you are ashamed to do in public, by being the number one spokesman for whatever hateful twisted shit you want."

Comment

Not a hope

2010 proved unambiguously that each and every Lib Dem MP and peer would unequivocally support and become joined by an umbilical to the Tories.

And their leading lights would run to them again for a sniff of alleged power to sit in at cabinet meetings and swan about in the ministerial car.

The Lib Dems

Never forgive.

Never ever forget.

Fuck 'em.

Comment

Gove is the new Ted Cruz.

Comment

He's the Zodiac Killer?

Comment

Boris Johnson accused of making contradictory Brexit promises to MPs

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...y_to_clipboard

Comment

​BBC 5 Live’s Emma Barnett even asked Mercer how many children Johnson had, which he batted away as an intrusion into the frontrunner’s private life.​​​​​​
                                            From the above article. I'm not sure who Emma Barnett is but mighty kudos to her for asking that question.
                                            It's relevant and not an intrusion as it shows what kind of a man he is.

Comment

The thing is it's definitely in the public interest to know what kind of a man he is. Many conservatives, with a small c, would abhor the kind of behaviours that Johnson has exhibited.
                                              Apparently, they don't. We already know what kind of man he is. And they love him.

Comment

It won't stop them electing him. It may - I only say "may" - reduce the slack they cut him if he doesn't immediately supply the popularity turnaround they all expect.

Comment

Robert Peston with a severe ticking-off for the Johnson Campaign

[URL]https://twitter.com/peston/status/1140881524583256064?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Aye, they'll back him while he's saving their hulk of a party. Until he isn't, maybe.

Emma Barnett is a radio presenter mainly on BBC 5 Live. She recently returned from maternity leave.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X