• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The disgraced corrupt racist liar thread:British PM edition

by any means necessary

https://twitter.com/ARMilani_/status/1137735592006098944

Literally "any means"?

Comment

What’s the plan? Call for a general election? Another mass?

Comment

If Johnson passed me on his bike I would be quite happy to literally put a spoke in his wheel, yes.

It feels like more or less a coup. News and Current Affairs at the BBC has been long prepared.

Comment

A question for OTF Corbyn fans - if an omniscient political genie appeared to you tonight and said he could stop Boris becoming PM but the price would be Jess Phillips becoming Labour leader and winning the next GE, would you take it?

Comment

Its not difficult to find Boris, his address is well known. I’ve seen him twice on the street in London and both times bravely shouted “fuck off you racist” from a safe distance on the other side of the road, behind a van, quietly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy Waterman View Post
              A question for OTF Corbyn fans - if an omniscient political genie appeared to you tonight and said he could stop Boris becoming PM but the price would be Jess Phillips becoming Labour leader and winning the next GE, would you take it?
              does it have to be Jess Phillips? She's like Vivienne Rook the character Emma Thompson plays in Years and Years

Good question, though

Comment

It can’t be easy!

Comment

Yes. Of course.

Comment

I'd take a Labour Government over a Tory one anyday.

Assuming Jess Phillips would lead one. BIG WINKY SMILEY THING.

Comment

I'd take a Jess Phillips led government, a Jeremy Corbyn led government, a Vince Cable led government, a Caroline Lucas led government, even a fucking Kate Hoey led government over a Boris Johnson one.

Comment

wrong thread
                        Last edited by Nefertiti2; 09-06-2019, 20:16.

Comment

Of course if Johnson does become Prime Minister...

[URL]https://twitter.com/ian_fraser/status/1137493919875424257?s=21[/URL]

Comment

They might be thinking that if Trump can be propped up in the US despite being functionally incapable of his role, maybe MPs can prop up a blundering Johnson? But the to systems are very different; the PM job cannot be done as a vanity trip while underlings actually run the place (at least not since Churchill in the 50s).

Comment

Johnson's just promised a tax cut of up to £6k a year for anyone earning over £50k. I think it's fair to day thay's going to swing a lot of the core Tory vote hos was, if he gets into the final two.

Comment

A lot of the core Tory vote are Hos? Does that include my MP Margot 'rhymes with Harlot' James?

Comment

It doesn't rhyme.

And Jess P will never be PM thankfully.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                    Johnson's just promised a tax cut of up to £6k a year for anyone earning over £50k. I think it's fair to day thay's going to swing a lot of the core Tory vote hos was, if he gets into the final two.
                                    He's literally said that he's going to fund it by raising employee NI contributions, but that's only being buried in the text, not the headline, if we're wondering if his policies are going to be scrutinised.

It's like he's being waved into office, or being pushed to the forefront so that the MPs can get behind him to show unity to the membership, before the inevitable scandal comes out that forces him to withdraw.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of Jess Phillips, I disagree with her on lots of things but I can't think of many people who'd make a better Prime Minister.

Comment

Originally posted by David Agnew View Post

He's literally said that he's going to fund it by raising employee NI contributions, but that's only being buried in the text, not the headline, if we're wondering if his policies are going to be scrutinised.

It's like he's being waved into office, or being pushed to the forefront so that the MPs can get behind him to show unity to the membership, before the inevitable scandal comes out that forces him to withdraw.
                                        You know of course who don't pay employee NI contributions. The self-employed, and rich pensioners. This is very definitely playing straight to that demographic.

Comment

People on here really hate Owen Jones, don't they?

He has my back on this one.

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                          Literally "any means"?
                                          Yep. Just make it look like as much like an accident as possible.

Comment

As much as it pains me, I think having one of the core Brexit architects at the wheel when the car runs off the road might help dampen (a little) the inevitable leaver howls of 'betrayal' and 'treachery'. If Johnson gets it, he'll find a way to fuck it up completely.

Comment

A great many self-employed people are very far from rich. Like most tax breaks, the people this helps are people who have people to manage their earnings for them but these people benefit most from investment reliefs, Capital Gains Tax reliefs, loss relief and self-invested pensions and the rest which most people have never heard of and are unable to access without paying good money to accountants.

Comment

https://twitter.com/YesMissMurphy/status/1138324167030386694?s=19

Comment

this is quite helpful=- unfortunately the vast majority of the press are as lazy and clubbable as Johnson

https://twitter.com/tomcopley/status/1138358856831160320

Comment

Working...
                                                  X