No announcement yet.

The disgraced corrupt racist liar thread:British PM edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, at least we haven't had an Opposition torn apart for four years by petty smears from people throwing a tantrum at finding out that they aren't the popular ones after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
      AAAARGH.

The political declaration will then set out a timetable for a Canada-style free trade agreement to be negotiated, with a timeframe of three to five years – a meaningful period for a premiership, a blink of the eye for a generational project such as Brexit. The UK would then cut over from de facto EU membership to the new partnership at that point. This would enable Johnson to claim that he had torn up Theresa May’s near-universally hated withdrawal agreement and avoided the “undemocratic” backstop.

AAAAAARGH.

He does not understand what the backstop is for. The UK is not going to be allowed to leave the EU without putting in place legal binding guarantees to protect the 100 areas of cross border co-operation that require northern Ireland to remain in the customs union, and to a meaningful degree, remain in the single market as well. Discussions between the EU and the UK cannot move on until the UK passes the withdrawal agreement. Not only is the UK going to have to bring in the back stop, but it's going to have to be seen to do it. A canada plus agreement doesn't remove the need for a backstop, it's one of the possible outcomes where the backstop would actually come into force.

This article also presupposes an infinite appetite in the EU for dragging out this brexit bollocks for another five years.

Comment

But that’s a given, isn’t it? It’s going to be discussed for at least the next five years whatever the outcome.

Comment

But this is just kicking the can down the road, and adding five years to the total process.

Also you've got to remember that everyone has pretty much given up on the UK. How is anyone supposed to negotiate with this current shower of shit? And what does this shower of shit say about the medium term future of britain's governance?

Comment

He's a fucking parody of himself.

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1154785609044680704

Comment

Fucking antediluvian cuntsack

Comment

It’s just cosplay. Don’t be distracted.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                  There's no full stop after Mr or Mrs in British usage either.

Surprised he's not insisted on the British "Kevins" (sic) for temperature measurements too.

Comment

(and can't the wee shite have a thread of his own?

I wasn't aware there was any evidence that this disgraced liar was a racist yet?)

Comment

Liz Truss will think he is elbowing onto her patch.

Comment

"No longer fit for purpose" is a real chiller.

Comment

Originally posted by beak View Post
                          Do you think any lesson will be learnt, though? The last time I was on the island I ended up having a long chat with my Hard Brexit Uncle that left me more convinced than ever of the inevitable dolchstoßlegende when it all goes (more) tits up..
                          Yeah, a huge number of people are not swayed by reality. We still have people in the US who peddle a kind of dolchstoßlegende about the war in Vietnam/Southeast Asia and even Watergate. Japan, Germany, and Russia all have their version of that too. And we'll have them when Trump is gone too.

But you don't need to sway those people. You just need to change the minds of that narrow group that genuinely wants what's best for the country and their family and believed all the shit about more money for NHS and "faceless Brussels bureacrats" or whatever. And, perhaps more importantly, get young people and people of color engaged and get out the vote.

It's like trying to herd cats.

So if and when things are crappy a few years into Brexit and a new party finally gets a chance to fix it, what kind of deal could they make with the EU? The UK will have lost all leverage, but I'd think the EU would still rather have the UK in than out

Comment

erm.... "Equal" is banned? Also...."I understand your concerns"?

Comment

And full stops.

Not fullstops.

Comment

Two spaces after a period is soooo dot-matrix printer 1990.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
                                  "No longer fit for purpose" is a real chiller.
                                  Trumped (sorry!) by "Imperial measurements" though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post

Yeah, a huge number of people are not swayed by reality. We still have people in the US who peddle a kind of dolchstoßlegende about the war in Vietnam/Southeast Asia and even Watergate. Japan, Germany, and Russia all have their version of that too. And we'll have them when Trump is gone too.

But you don't need to sway those people. You just need to change the minds of that narrow group that genuinely wants what's best for the country and their family and believed all the shit about more money for NHS and "faceless Brussels bureacrats" or whatever. And, perhaps more importantly, get young people and people of color engaged and get out the vote.

It's like trying to herd cats.

So if and when things are crappy a few years into Brexit and a new party finally gets a chance to fix it, what kind of deal could they make with the EU? The UK will have lost all leverage, but I'd think the EU would still rather have the UK in than out
                                    It could be tricky for the UK to apply again. There are a lot of aspects of the UK political system that probably wouldn't pass muster this time around. You'd have to ask serious questions about the nature of democracy in the United kingdom, their adherence to the rule of law, respect for human rights, and a partially free press, that can at best be described as demonically dishonest and partisan. There is also the likelihood that if the party that takes over doesn't magically make everything better than it was before, within a couple of months you'll be back to looking across the table at Prime minister Nigel Farage. I think it's fair to say that a lot of people have grown tired of having to deal with the problems of super hungary.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                                      (and can't the wee shite have a thread of his own?

I wasn't aware there was any evidence that this disgraced liar was a racist yet?)
                                      Rees Mogg has been a guest of honour at a far right English nationalist group and has approvingly quoted the leader of the AfD . So ignore the cosplaying and look at the substance

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                                        Two spaces after a period is soooo dot-matrix printer 1990.
                                        "Period"?

Ok.

Off to the dunces* corner for 30 minutes.

* dunces', dunces', or dunce's?

I think under the circumstances it behooves us all to get this right.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post

Rees Mogg has been a guest of honour at a far right English nationalist group and has approvingly quoted the leader of the AfD . So ignore the cosplaying and look at the substance
                                          Thanks.

Racist he is indeed

(I can't say I'm surprised)

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post

"Period"?

Ok.

Off to the dunces* corner for 30 minutes.

* dunces', dunces', or dunce's?

I think under the circumstances it behooves us all to get this right.
                                            Shaddup, limey.

I think taking the Euro would be non-negotiable in a UK re-accession. Brexit wouldn’t have happened if the pensioners and middle England gammon class knew their retirements would go up in smoke. I mean, they might anyway, but changing from a core world currency to BorisBux would have focused minds.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

It could be tricky for the UK to apply again. There are a lot of aspects of the UK political system that probably wouldn't pass muster this time around. You'd have to ask serious questions about the nature of democracy in the United kingdom, their adherence to the rule of law, respect for human rights, and a partially free press, that can at best be described as demonically dishonest and partisan. There is also the likelihood that if the party that takes over doesn't magically make everything better than it was before, within a couple of months you'll be back to looking across the table at Prime minister Nigel Farage. I think it's fair to say that a lot of people have grown tired of having to deal with the problems of super hungary.
                                              It's not like the EU have historically been particularly strict in their accession requirements. The requirements might have been written strictly, but they seem to have actually mostly been guidelines.

Comment

Well, it depends.

The Turks would say that they are very strict indeed.

As Flynnie indicates, a first step would be cancelling all of the opt-outs the UK has been granted.

Comment

the problem doesn't rest with the EU's accession requirements, it's that there's no mechanism for punishing people for backsliding once they've been let in.

Comment

Well, there are mechanisms, it is more that the political will to use them has been lacking.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X