The disgraced corrupt racist liar thread:British PM edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
    If Johnson passed me on his bike I would be quite happy to literally put a spoke in his wheel, yes.

It feels like more or less a coup. News and Current Affairs at the BBC has been long prepared.
    Sorry to always sound like the self-righteous voice of conscience, but really? We've gone from arguing over milkshaking and whether or not it is okay to jeer at politicians to now advocating violence and harmful acts against them?

Are we sure there isn't a toxic, quasi-fascist strain on the left?

Comment

you think jokes about violence are unacceptable?

How should you respond when a friend asks you for a journalist's contact details in order to have them beaten up?

Comment

You didn't say it was a joke, not even after SD challenged you on the "by any means necessary" comment.

And there is the whole "funny" bit about jokes that you don't seem to get.

Comment

I think some people are sufficiently dangerous they should be stopped - yes. I would be quite happy to push Johnson off his bicycle and take the consequences,

One reason is in the clip posted above.

Comment

I have some sympathy for Lurgee here. I mean. we're joking about killing people behind internet semi-anonymity.

My first stick for being a sanctimonious twat on here was when I suggested we wait until 'after the funeral' before laying into recently deceased Tory tax exile Jack Walker

Heard re-elected MEP Martina Anderson on the news yesterday. Not someone I'd normally credit, but...Marti and I were born a fortnight apart in NI. While I spent my late teens waiting for google to be invented, arguing down the pub and skulking at the back of demos, she followed her convictions* by torching a furniture showroom, fleeing the country on bail and spending many years in stir as a result.

* pun unintended
            Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 12-06-2019, 12:38.

Comment

I'd quote Mark Twain who said "I don't actively wish death on somebody, but I will read certain obituaries with great pleasure".

Anyway...

Comment

Duncan Gardner And your point is?

As for 'killing' politicians, if they are a potential hazard to large numbers of their electorate, surely some sort of 'karma'?

Esther McVile and 120k premature deaths spring to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy Waterman View Post
                  A question for OTF Corbyn fans - if an omniscient political genie appeared to you tonight and said he could stop Boris becoming PM but the price would be Jess Phillips becoming Labour leader and winning the next GE, would you take it?
                  Hell.

I'd take Peter Mandelson becoming Labour leader and winning the next GE.

Comment

Steady on...

Comment

The interesting thing is that most people are saying they would take a Labour Prime Minister whoever it is... which puts us at odds with a section of the Labour Party.

Comment

I think Tom Copley's tips on the previous page apply after he becomes PM; ways to force a vote of no-confidence and general election, which he could well lose due to being too lazy to campaign properly.

I'm not sure there's a non-violent means of stopping him winning this leadership contest.

Regarding violent means, one argument against might be that you'd get someone worse in a backlash election, such as Raab(id), plus of course it would be a pretext to increase the police state.

Morally, it makes you as bad as your opponent, unless you're overthrowing something truly evil and replacing it with something much better (not just a lesser evil but something actually good).
                        Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 12-06-2019, 13:12.

Comment

if an omniscient political genie appeared to you tonight and said he could stop Boris becoming PM but the price would be Jess Phillips becoming Labour leader and winning the next GE, would you take it?
                          Yeah. I accepted Tony Blair over the Tories after all.

Comment

I presume LW would also prefer Corbyn as PM over, say, Rory Stewart, who's currently being energetically plugged in goldfish-memoried liberal quarters

Comment

I would presume so... but we haven't actually heard an answer from Lucy Waterman

Comment

I wouldn't expect Corbyn to exercise dictatorial powers as PM and it's not as if he's silenced the centrists*, whereas the Tories tend to give more power to the leader.

*In contrast to Blair, who imposed a party line Thatcher-style.

Comment

Of course I'd prefer Phillips to Johnson, but she has no chance of becoming Labour leader, thankfully.

Comment

We should emphasize that's no such thing as a moderate Tory in this era, only candidates who pretend to be moderate. "Corbyn v Tory moderate" is simply a false premise, just as McCain and Romney were not "moderates" in any meaningful sense despite being left of the current GOP base and the US media pining for them is yet more liberal amnesia.
                                    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 15-06-2019, 16:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                      We should emphasize that's no such thing as a moderate Tory in this era, only candidates who pretend to be moderate. "Corbyn v Tory moderate" is simply a false premise, just as McCain and Romney were not "moderates" in any meaningful sense despite being left of the current GOP base and the US media pining for them is yet more liberal amnesia.
                                      Or in any other.

Even cuddly Ken Clarke embraced the slash and burn policies of Thatcher when he was Chancellor of the Exchequer.

Comment

How many children does Johnson have? Officially and unofficially?

Comment

Parris said "I don't know. Somewhere between 5 and 7". He mentioned the injunction, too.

Comment

Yes, as a Labour member of some two decades I would prefer them to win the election than the Tories.

Comment

If the LibDems had a realistic chance of winning the election, and Johnson and Corbyn led the Lab and Con parties, would that change your vote?

Comment

My vote is different to my preference I guess - I live in what’s likely to become a Tory/Brexit marginal. I can’t imagine so.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                                  If the LibDems had a realistic chance of winning the election, and Johnson and Corbyn led the Lab and Con parties, would that change your vote?
                                                  I would vote Labour, Green, SNP Plaid Cymru or even Lib Dem to keep Johnson out

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                                    Parris said "I don't know. Somewhere between 5 and 7". He mentioned the injunction, too.
                                                    Thanks.

When will someone use parliamentary privilege to bring Johnson to account?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X