• Show
Clear All

Old Farms that are Tremendous

Cold Comfort
    Animal
    (Old) MacDonald's

The

Comment

Last edited by Kevin S; 08-06-2019, 07:21.

Comment

A childhood memory from Rothman's ... one of the best names ever in European competition. Aston Villa, Sheffield Wednesday, step aside - it's Home Farm.

On checking it turns out they only played one round ever (1975). And yet the name is fixed in my head. Because it's tremendous.

Comment

Willow Tree Farm by George Clausen, one of my favourite paintings.

Comment

Jollity.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
              A childhood memory from Rothman's ... one of the best names ever in European competition. Aston Villa, Sheffield Wednesday, step aside - it's Home Farm.

On checking it turns out they only played one round ever (1975). And yet the name is fixed in my head. Because it's tremendous.
              Home Farm are still going strong, originally formed on the Home Farm road in north Dublin they are one of the largest underage clubs in Ireland and have provided more Ireland internationals than any other. They also fielded a senior team in the league of Ireland for nearly 30 years,winning the F.A.I cup in 1974, hence their only time in Europe. Club colours traditionally are blue and white hoops with blue shorts and socks.

Comment

Working...
              X