Britain's next war, then

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britain's next war, then

The next Prime Minister is bound to want to capitalise on the overwhelming nationalist and pro-military sentiment frothing over the top all over the country by starting one somewhere.

As I suspect even Chris Grayling wouldn't be careless enough to actually declare war on the EU or the US, where can we send our brave boys and girls to have a go at? Mauritius, maybe, over the Chagos Islands? Qatar, if it kicks off any more over there to support our "allies" Saudi and the UAE, conveniently turning the place to rubble in time for England to get the World Cup after all?

Calais

It's the most plausible way to deliver "frictionless trade" at Dover after Brexit.

Comment

And it's about the most depressing region in France, so would suit Britain well.

Comment

Scottish war of Independence

Comment

Or Iran if Trump invades

Comment

You're at least as likely to be shooting your own citizens. It's a pretty long standing tradition in the UK. I mean What do people think the efforts to move soldiers and policemen outside the realm of prosecution is for?

Comment

I was thinking the other day that the jingoistic nonsense and outright fascism we see across the globe means a good old fashioned war is in the offing to remind everyone of just how fucking stupid nationalism is, allowing us to out it back in its box for a couple of decades.

Comment

Problem is, there's little chance of a major stramash ending in anything other than a glowing ball of radioactive mulch

Comment

You certainly couldn't assemble the manpower and equipment for an Operation Overlord type of thing, a couple of well placed nukes and that's that.

Comment

Working...
                  X