Lactose Intolerants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lactose Intolerants

Is the milkshake bombing of Britain's right wing extremists like Laxley-Yennon and Farage in any way related to the milk-drinking antics of the trollier members of the the American alt-right?

Applause for the title but no idea re. the question.

Comment

Well I think the answer to the question is 'no' and it's a coincidence. The first guy just happened to be holding a milkshake at the time Yaxley-Lennon was mouthing off at him, and the idea just sort of took hold after that.

Comment

Speaking as an ex vegan I feel like the swapping of eggs for milkshake has not really been a step up ethics wise.

Comment

Today's hero sacrificed a £5.25 banana and salted caramel shake from Five Guys. But yeah as Kev says the first one just happened to be what the guy was holding when the argument started. Today's guy reckoned he didn't know Farage was in town and it was spur of the moment but you'd have to expect his thought process might have been different if he'd been holding a Starbucks or a minestrone at the time.

Comment

Hmmm.

I had thought that it was intended to evoke Milkshake Duck

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
              Well I think the answer to the question is 'no' and it's a coincidence. The first guy just happened to be holding a milkshake at the time Yaxley-Lennon was mouthing off at him, and the idea just sort of took hold after that.
              Wasn't that widely-spread footage actually of the second milkshake? I thought he'd been done the day before but nobody got footage of that one.

Comment

You may well be right, that's just the first one I heard of. Wonder if someone has created the Wikipedia entry 'Milkshake attacks on right-wing figures in the United Kingdom' yet?

Comment

5.25 for a fucking milk fucking shake?

Comment

There have been at least three. Laxley-Yennon, Farage and Carl Benjamin.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                      John Travolta said it with more panache

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                        Speaking as an ex vegan I feel like the swapping of eggs for milkshake has not really been a step up ethics wise.
                        Protestors used to throw shoes. So, made from leather or child labour.

Other past projectiles like tomatoes and celery would be better, but somebody walking around a British town centre snacking on fresh fruit and veg would arouse suspicion.

Comment

I think what Ray meant (and I think he's right) is that the milkshake chucking over Yaxley-Lennon that went viral was the second time in two days it happened to Yaxley-Lennon, but it needed the footage before most people heard of it.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                            I trust you noticed where it was from.

Comment

Yaxley-Lennon has been done twice, and a third attempt missed. But got Milo Yannacuntyface so it didn't go to waste.

Farage was whining on Twitter, which got many responses mentioning Jo Cox that she actually starting trending.

Comment

I did. Deffo never going there now.

Comment

I'm not realy in favour of assaulting politicians, even Farage. I'm **fairly** sure okaying bullying and abuse of people we don't like could come back to bite us.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurgee View Post
                                    I'm not realy in favour of assaulting politicians, even Farage. I'm **fairly** sure okaying bullying and abuse of people we don't like could come back to bite us.
                                    in 2016 no far-right politicians got milkshaked and one centrist politician got assassinated so i don't think nazis are taking their cues from the left on this.

Comment

And as posted, Bryant, Phillips, Soubry and others have had far worse.

Farage and his ilk would do far worse if he had the chance.

Comment

From Sweden...

https://twitter.com/kaptenkurd/statu...29942633144320

Comment

Originally posted by Lurgee View Post
                                          I'm not really in favour of assaulting politicians, even Farage.
                                          Nor me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarre Löw Triangle View Post

in 2016 no far-right politicians got milkshaked and one centrist politician got assassinated so i don't think nazis are taking their cues from the left on this.
                                            And, as I noted at the beginning of the thread, American Nazis have been covering themselves in milk for a few years already.

Mind you, I'm probably with Lurgee - no matter how funny it is to see Farage covered in milkshake, I don't really approve of any kind of assault on anyone, no matter how evil they are.

Comment

Hmm, it's not actually a real assault though is it?

Comment

Isn't it?

Common Assault – s39 Criminal Justice Act 1988

An offence of Common Assault is committed when a person either assaults another person or commits a battery.

An assault is committed when a person intentionally or recklessly causes another to apprehend the immediate infliction of unlawful force. A battery is committed when a person intentionally or recklessly applies unlawful force to another. Where there is a battery, the defendant should be charged with ‘assault by beating’. (DPP v Little (1992) 1 All ER 299).

Common assault is a summary offence, which carries a maximum penalty of six months’ imprisonment and/or a fine. However, if the requirements of s40 of the Criminal Justice Act 1988 are met it can be included as a count on an indictment. Refer to Summary offences and the Crown Court (Criminal Justice Act 1988 s40; Crime and Disorder Act 1998 s51 and Sch.3 para.6, elsewhere in CPS guidance).

Common Assault is capable of being racially/religiously aggravated under the Crime and Disorder Act 1998. The racially/religiously aggravated version of s39 is an either way offence. Refer to Racist and Religious Hate Crime - Prosecution Guidance, elsewhere in CPS guidance.

See the Assault Definitive guideline for sentencing guidelines for this offence.

Comment

It is most definitely common assault.

It's also funny, but I appreciate I may be in a minority in thinking so.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X