Who said...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who said...

“... I am convinced he [Hitler] is a spiritualist – that he has a vision to which he is being true … that [his] Mother’s spirit is his guide and no one who does not understand this relationship – the worship of a highest purity in a mother – can understand the power to be derived therefrom or the guidance the world will yet come to see a very great man a mystic, in Hitler.”

Same guy

That [our country] should desire to restrict immigration from the Orient is regarded as natural, that [it] should remain a white man's country is believed to be not only desirable for economic and social reasons but highly necessary on political and national grounds.

Comment

Very likely, sounds about right.

Comment

My old pile of bricks gave him a doctorate for a dissertation containing that quote.

A profoundly strange character.

Comment

Gotta say those are pretty niche quotes.

Comment

Fuckin surname for first name "Scots" are not to be trusted.
            Last edited by Lang Spoon; 14-05-2019, 22:31.

Comment

Was it Cameron Diaz?

Comment

<applause>

Comment

Well done all. Come on down William Lyon Mackenzie King! Longest serving prime minister of Canada and (though you might not believe it) staunch British ally during WW2.

"Hitler’s face [was] not that of a fiery, over-strained nature, but of a calm, passive man, deeply and thoughtfully in earnest.… As I talked with him I could not but think of Joan of Arc.”

Comment

"What the fuck was that?"

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                      Fuckin surname for first name "Scots" are not to be trusted.
                      I thought that was what you did, though. "Mee bar name's Kilmarnock HamIton Aca Fookin Demical Gorbals The Bar Third. Yee has wa against tha pal?". Or is that east-coast Scottish?

Comment

Posh fucks like Fraser Nelson have a first name that's a surname. It's a class thing, not regional.

Comment

Fraser Digby was all right, though.

Comment

Posh fucks like Fraser Nelson have a first name that's a surname. It's a class thing, not regional.
                            But what about a surname for a first name?

Comment

That's what I'm meaning. Or is this a Guy joke?

Comment

That's what I'm meaning. Or is this a Guy joke?
                                Werll.

That was the whole point of Guy Potger...

Comment

I'm so lost now

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                                    "What the fuck was that?"
                                    MacKenzie-King's impression after meeting Adolf.

Comment

It's like the past is a different country.

Like Scotland.

Which means... Scotland is stuck in the past.

Last edited by Snake Plissken; 16-05-2019, 06:40.

Comment

Until I reached LS's first post of this thread, I honestly assumed the answer was Winston Churchill.

Comment

Trying to think of a Scottish footballer called Ross or Stewart, but failing. (Possibly proving LS's point)

Comment

Also can I put in a request for more Lang Spoon - Guy Potger interlocution? They could form a new genre of philosophical treatise, the Enigmatic Dialogues (we might need a whole new forum, OneTouchInscrutable)

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

Trying to think of a Scottish footballer called Ross or Stewart, but failing. (Possibly proving LS's point)
                                              There's Stuart McCall. And tbh Ross and Stewart are so common as forenames in Scotland they are exceptions to the rule.

Comment

Campbell Money was a player in the ‘80’s, I think. Was it Airdrie?

Comment

St Mirren as well?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X