Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More free tax-payers money for a family of benefit scroungers

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48178229

More money to be paid out to the denizens of benefits street.

This means I am another step down in line to the Throne!

Comment

I just can’t believe Dukes and Duchesses are still a thing in 2019.

My company’s new style guide says we shouldn’t refer to doctors as Dr. so and so (a choice I agree with) but we still call “Lords” Lord whatever, even though they have regular names.

Comment

The third in line to the throne is called George Cambridge at his Montessori School.

So we have that going for us.

Comment

If they don't bring out the baby for the TV cameras soon, I suspect a lot of people in the UK are going to explode. Surely everyone is dying to know what colour he is, and is he going to be dark enough to kill off the duke of edinburgh? And is he going to be ginger?

Comment

two more days

Comment

As an American, Is Meghan Markle the first Royal to have to pay tax?

Comment

There was much pontificating on the Beeb earlier about whether the new, adorable little drain on taxpayers would have a name which reflected his American / "Bi-racial" (TLMG made some interesting faces at all THAT bullshit) heritage.

I hope they name him Shaquille or similar. That should get the gammon simmering nicely.

Comment

Isandlwana

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                    Isandlwana

I swear that you're more obsessed with the British Empire than anyone I've ever met!

Poor old Nick Witchell had a brain freeze on the 10 O'Clock News. Completely lost his train of thought and had to hand back to the studio.

Comment

The Boer War and preceding events were a big thing here.

Comment

A lot of Irish people fought for and helped administer the Empire, of course. It's only right for you to take an interest in what your ancestors helped create.

Comment

[img]https://dubmantalks.files.wordpress....rch_080712.jpg[\img]

this is fusiliers arch, the entrance to Stephen's Green

This is the Graduates memorial Building in TCD, where I spent most of my time in college. It's also where a lot of Educating Rita was shot. And going into a Church of Ireland church is an object lesson in military titles and the dangers of military service overseas. The Boer war was also a big issue for irish nationalists.
                          Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 08-05-2019, 11:01.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                            The third in line to the throne is called George Cambridge at his Montessori School.

So we have that going for us.
                            Isn’t his last name Windsor?

Its obnoxious to name yourself for a place you don’t live inhabited by people who never voted for you.

Comment

Well They used to be called William and Harry Wales.

Comment

Isn’t his last name Windsor?

Its obnoxious to name yourself for a place you don’t live inhabited by people who never voted for you.

Amazingly no one is up in arms about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Amazingly no one is up in arms about it.
                                  Bigger fish to fry, as the saying goes.

But really, hereditary titles should be abolished.

Comment

George Osborne is going to become the 18th baronet of Ballentaylor and Ballylemon, which are two townlands outside Dungarvan in Waterford. He may as well be called Baron on Abuja, or of Karachi.

Btw someone has deleted the reference to ballentaylor and ballylemon from both Osborne's Wiki page, and that of his father. I wonder what was happening there.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                      There was much pontificating on the Beeb earlier about whether the new, adorable little drain on taxpayers would have a name which reflected his American / "Bi-racial" (TLMG made some interesting faces at all THAT bullshit) heritage.

I hope they name him Shaquille or similar. That should get the gammon simmering nicely.
                                      Pocahontas.

Comment

Or if we’re going down the Irish route, Declan Independence.

Comment

Why not name him after the father of Irish republicanism, Theobald.

Comment

I think they ought to name him after the entire England 1966 World Cup squad. He would be referred to as "Baby Gordon" or "Baby Sir Alf".

Or after the cast of "Mind Your Language".

Comment

After seeing Trump cuddle Tiger Woods, I'm coming round to the Royals as a lesser sellout. Go and get your gong from a white gloved hand, get a fixed smile and that's your lot.

Comment

Is there some reason why the Royals never seem to have decided on the baby's name when it's born?

Comment

They have to pretend that the originally non-royal partner has a say whereas in practice it'll be some combination of Wills/ Chuck/ Phil the Greek/ Albrecht

Comment

Working...
                                                  X