Racist banned from TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racist banned from TV

Here's a heart-warming story: Racist scumbag has meltdown after being banned by South Africa's satellite TV service DStv.

The decision to ban the iconic Afrikaans singer, actor and white supremacist Steve Hofmeyr is long overdue — I called for it more than a decade ago, when he was a judge on Idols — but it is also courageous, because the racist has a committed following. Some of these geniuses have incinerated their decoders in protest.

Without his regular outbursts of racism and race-bating (and alleged gender violence), Hofmeyr might be something like a national treasure, though I never liked him even before he set himself up as spokesman for racists. But he has a pretty impressive track-record as a popular entertainer. Now one of the most powerful agents of South African culture has declared him undesirable, and the racist is really angry at the horrible injustice of it all.

So, all round a good news story.

Steve Hofmeyr is predicting the downfall of MultiChoice, with the controversial singer now saying he will be organising a "special funeral" for his DStv satellite dish.

Heartwarming.

Comment

When I saw the thread title I'd assumed it was a change of policy by BBC News White City, and in particular the QT commissioning and production team.

Comment

That link didn't go where I expected it to.

Comment

Working...
        X