No announcement yet.

Tony Blair is a c**t part 45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing to do with car washing or colours, but I'm not trolling the thread. However, I thought I'd mention that I'm off to an event on "The New Populism" on 13/05 at which Eve Ensler will be in conversation with Tony Blair.

As you were.

Comment

If Blair ever googles "Tony Blair is a cunt " he'll be delighted with this, "Hey Cherie, this crowd were slagging me off something terrible, now they've spent two pages talking about dirty cars ".

Comment

I successfully posted a picture on OTF. Yay me.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
          If Blair ever googles "Tony Blair is a cunt " he'll be delighted with this, "Hey Cherie, this crowd were slagging me off something terrible, now they've spent two pages talking about dirty cars ".
          To be fair to us, I think that's because there's nothing to debate and not much to discuss here. We all agree that Tony Blair is a cunt. Even more impressive is that he's shown that his racist cuntery wasn't just electoral pragmatism - a "necessary" evil - but that he actually seems to believe it. He's even more of a cunt than we thought.

Comment

Only a cynic would suggest that the Guardian piece in the OP was trying to drum up custom for an upcoming In Conversation With... event they are promoting. Tickets are £20, lowish for this type of thing, and not sold out so perhaps these days TB isn't quite the draw that they and he were hoping. The event is at a secret central London location, to be confirmed closer to the time. The Dublin Castle does seem to be available that night.

Comment

Originally posted by gt3 View Post
              Nothing to do with car washing or colours, but I'm not trolling the thread. However, I thought I'd mention that I'm off to an event on "The New Populism" on 13/05 at which Eve Ensler will be in conversation with Tony Blair.

As you were.
              What evil did you perform to deserve such hideous punishment?

Comment

Apologies to gt3 - his event is the one that I mentioned a couple of posts after his. I was distracted by the car washing stuff and only skim read the latter part of the thread.

Comment

No apology required Benjm. My tickets were free as a Guardian subscriber (don't start - I also subscribe to The Telegraph). And booked prior to the Observer piece was published. I was curious to see what the leader of the "old" populism has to say about the new populism...

I'm tempted to say that if the OTF hive mind has any questions for him, here is the place to post them and I'll see what I can get past the censors...but reckon that could open up a tidal wave of trouble for me and break the internet...

Comment

Ooh good idea. Is he a hob nob or a digestive man?

Comment

Nah he'll either choose something focus grouped so it will be something like shortbread or custard creams, or something that goes radically against public opinion because he "feels like it's the right thing to do" maybe fig newtons.

Comment

To reduce the pressure on gt3's inbox, questions beginning, "Mr Blair, why don't you just..." are excluded.

Comment

Brilliant riposte from Aditya Chakraborty in today's Guardian.

Comment

AC completely skewers him, and quite rightly.

Why does the responsibility for racism always seem to fall on its victims, asks Guardian columnist Aditya Chakrabortty

Comment

Tony Blair the Cunt in conversation with the author of the Vagina Monologues. How appropriate!

Love Chakrabortty.

Comment

That article is fantastic.

It does a great job of pointing out the obvious problem with what Blair is saying. He's basically saying "Our worst problem is that you aren't trying hard enough to do something that can't be measured, or even accurately defined." and if it were possible to apply to 'british people' most would fail, because it's a lunatic act of cuntitude to ostensibly judge migrants on the basis that the UK is some sort of fucking iron age village, where everyone is related to each other, and no-one has ever been to the next village, rather than a large diverse 21st century country, that has been notable for its regional diversity for as long as humans have lived there.

Comment

Originally posted by gt3 View Post

As you were.
                                  My mistake, Paul Lewis not Eve Ensler. . That would indeed have been a meta parody beyond parody

Comment

erm, GT, How did you confuse those two names? We need to know

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                      erm, GT, How did you confuse those two names? We need to know
                                      There's another event with Ensler (that doesn't involve TB) and I may have been drinking and confused the two. I am however happy to confirm that it's the TB not EE event I'm going to... Apologies for confusion

Comment

That is very disappointing. My hopes were high. It seems it was merely beautiful serendipitous chance.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

Now I understand why she had to leave Germany
                                          That was another thing that marked me out as 'not from round these parts' - I very rarely took the car to the car wash, even when opened at the new petrol station in the next village. It was a very popular pastime, so much so that people would spend an hour or so of a beautiful Saturday afternoon queuing to use the car wash (never happened on a Sunday, of course, as car washes are not allowed to open on Sundays...).

After most of our stuff had been packed into the container to move over here, we had some bits and pieces knocking around that either got taken to the tip or passed on to friends and neighbours - we gave our barbecue to Carsten, who had helped us get rid of a lot of stuff, and as we were driving out of the village for the final time, we saw him in his driveway, having completely dismantled said barbecue to give it what would be a regarded as a 'proper clean'. That must have occupied him for a good hour or two.

Comment

Blair " ex-prime minister turned odd-job man for billionaires and brutal autocrats " as Chakrabortty puts it.

Comment

Flynnie, according to Google, this is a Cunningham c4r as used in Le Mans in 1954.... thank you for bringing to my life an image of one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen <proper petrolhead>

​​​​​​

Comment

I only just got here, but would like to point out the cultural evidence that Americans do sometimes wash cars by hand. For example, I saw Denise Richards do so in Wild Things and she worked up quite the lather.

Comment

But if you go by the movies they are also patrons of Car Washes

PS Tony Blair is still a cunt, and I bet he's never washed his car in his life

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                                    Tony Blair the Cunt in conversation with the author of the Vagina Monologues. How appropriate!

Love Chakrabortty.
                                                    I know this is a tap in but...it is of course unfair on vaginas to compare them to Blair.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X