Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's The First Subforum You Click On At The Start Of An OTF Session?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's The First Subforum You Click On At The Start Of An OTF Session?

Do you go down them in the order they are listed (Football, World, Film & TV, Music, Sport, Books, Games) or do you start with your favourite or one that feels most urgent (breaking news story, live match in progress, you've just heard this great new track)?

Latest posts.

Comment

I do World. That's mostly it. Football maybe a few times a month. And Film / TV or Books on the rare occasion I have something to say.

There are others. I don't go there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
        Latest posts.
        I find that it disorientating when threads are listed in that way rather than contextualized by where they fit into a broader subject area.

Comment

I usually check the last one I remember posting on, to make sure I haven't been offensive, more than usually.

But World, generally.

Comment

Usually world,then football,the only one I rarely,if ever,check is games.

Comment

- World
              - TV/Movies/Radio
              - Music, Books (tie)
              -
              -
              -
              - Sport
              -
              -
              -
              -
              - Football
              -
              - Games???

Comment

Is there a "Games"? Oh yeah.

Comment

Is "Radio" chucked in with the (already wrongmoly classified together) Film & TV?

Comment

Is wrongmoly a typo or a real word? (If it isn't it should be.)

Comment

It's a real word, with a very short history of about eight minutes.

Comment

I've never paid much attention to the various fora and have used the so-called ursus hack as my point of entry since the first day of this version of the board.

I find that having a line or two of text from each post is enough to overcome any context issues (at least given how often I am here) and only look at individual fora when trying to find a thread from the last couple of months.

YMMV
                        Last edited by ursus arctos; 15-04-2019, 12:03.

Comment

Usually Football depending on whether I have notifications, in which case them first. But it usually opens wherever I last was (when I'm on my phone) so often I start where I left off as it were.

Comment

Ooh, ua, how do you do that?

Comment

It is a search that I've bookmarked.

If you click the link in my post and bookmark the result, it should work going forward.

Otherwise:
                              • Go to Search
                              • Select "Advanced Search"
                              • Under "Date Range", select "Since Last Visit" leaving the rest of the form blank
                              • Click "Search Now"

Comment

Lovely.

Comment

I normally do Games first, to see whether there's been any news on the chess thread because I know I'll forget if I leave it. Then Books, then whatever I feel like. Normally World.

Ursus's bookmarked search looks interesting but I don't think I'm on here often enough at the moment to get the most out of it. (Is it actually called the ursus hack, ursus?)

Comment

Chess is in games?

I'll never understand other people's categorisation systems.

Comment

Where would you prefer to see it? "Things that are black and white"?

Comment

As I hinted on that thread when it first got moved there, I'm of the school of thought that regards it as a sport, personally, but I've no real issue with it being in Games.

Comment

Today's Posts

Comment

One of my favourite OTF one-liners was 'Shouldn't this be in Ballet?'

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                              Latest posts.
                                              This. Anything else is illogical. Captain.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post

This. Anything else is illogical. Captain.
                                                For the wide of interest, maybe. There are plenty of threads that I've absolutely no interest in reading the latest contribution(s) to.

Comment

It is also subject to episodic indexing problems, as a number of posters have observed.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X