Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OTF "hierarchy" - Where do you see yourself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I looked at that Flame Warriors, saw "Ego" and didn't really have to read any more.

Comment

Aspiring to gain entry to the inner circle of the Branes Trust.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
        I see myself as someone still new and not sure of people's real life jobs etc....not that it's even slightly any of my business but a bit frustrating when folk are referred to as "writers", for example, and I've got no clue as to whether the writing in question is journalism, book writing in general, copywriting, publicity or what. The veterans on here will take this knowledge for granted. Doesn't matter really but context is always useful.
        I've bored everyone senseless talking about my books. Not just on this forum either. So I'm the pub bore.

Comment

Part of the Cryptic Crossword massive, the Secret Controllers of the board.

i mean you don’t think we’re exchanging crossword clues, do you?
          Last edited by Nefertiti2; 15-04-2019, 11:57.

Comment

I had a brief moment of meme glory when I came up with "You don't understand Ultra culture"....

Comment

Emerging from the shimmering heat haze like some kind of grit-crusted pale rider, fixing the town with a gimlet stare and shouldering my way to the bar

Comment

I'm here to send dying threads into oblivion by posting unanswerable, irrelevant crap 2 days too late. Offi cial Threadkiller.
                ​​​​​​
                It's also my duty to finish 2nd, or thereabouts on Sean's prediction competition.

If we designated jobs to members, I'd be the coach driver, drinking in the pub when maybe I shouldn't be, spilling Belgian beer down my slacks and light blue shirt.

Comment

After three years,still feeling like the new guy and trying not to say anything too stupid that makes the music stop and everyone stare at me.

Comment

I'm like someone who watches non-league football over a fence - I see everything, but contribute nothing.

Comment

Kind of like lukewarm water.

Comment

Posts pictures of his garden and dog, no hidden depths, bit safe.

Comment

After nine years,still feeling like the new guy and trying not to say anything too stupid that makes the music stop and everyone stare at me.

And usually finding that if I have something to say then someone has already said it.

Comment

Interesting that the majority of responses thus far are members who don't think that they say enough?

Comment

Whereas I'm the exact opposite in that I always say too much.

Comment

Oh I post a lot. Signifying nothing.

Comment

A bit like Viz; not as funny as it used to be...

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                                    After nine years,still feeling like the new guy and trying not to say anything too stupid that makes the music stop and everyone stare at me.

And usually finding that if I have something to say then someone has already said it.
                                    This is exactly me too. Hello to Capybara, after nine years.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                      I see myself as someone still new and not sure of people's real life jobs etc....not that it's even slightly any of my business but a bit frustrating when folk are referred to as "writers", for example, and I've got no clue as to whether the writing in question is journalism, book writing in general, copywriting, publicity or what. The veterans on here will take this knowledge for granted. Doesn't matter really but context is always useful.

Pretty old but: http://archive.onetouchfootball.com/...=017010#000000

Comment

You guys are all great.

Comment

I'm just glad to be on the show.

Comment

I feel like someone who may have triggered the demise of the golden years, someone who came is just as revered former posters were leaving saying "It's not as good as it used to be". Basically, I'm an occasional substitute holding midfielder acquired at the beginning Graeme Souness's or David Moyes's reigns.

Comment

One club man, out on loan occasionally but was kept on the books. Picked up a couple of squad medals in the glory years, early this century. Like to replay my highlights in the archives. Now employed as matchday host in the sponsors' suite, regaling the guests with tales of the OTF training ground bust-ups in the mid-2000s. Disappointed not to get a mention in any of the ghosted autobiographies.

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
                                                You guys are all great.
                                                I don't come on here to post that often, or read the threads on World, but after reading 3 pages of condolences for Patrick's dad, I'll concur with Diggedy Derek.

Comment

In OTF-as-a-pub terms, I'm the guy who half-listens to a conversation, gets interested in a tangent, takes a deep breath of air to start expounding on the subject, then exhales because he feels to old for that shit (briefly thinking about starting a thread on a message board about using catchphases in one's life, but dopping the idea on account of feeling too old for that shit), and buys himself a pint instead, drinking it while being lost in thought and half-listening to conversations.

Comment

It's a bit scary to think that there are professional footballers who weren't born when I first posted on OTF

Comment

Working...
                                                    X