Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OTF "hierarchy" - Where do you see yourself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTF "hierarchy" - Where do you see yourself?

Dull, talk bollocks, rare random brilliance (and taste), but cannon-fodder.

You?

I am but your most humble and faithful servant.

Comment

That's it! Lock the thread.

Oh wait...

Comment

Fellow traveller.

Comment

Wasn't there a thing on the interwebs a few years ago featuring cartoons of message board stereotypes?

Comment

Somewhere in the life's too short to give a shit bracket.

I can enjoy reading World, without feeling inadequate.

Comment

I see myself as someone still new and not sure of people's real life jobs etc....not that it's even slightly any of my business but a bit frustrating when folk are referred to as "writers", for example, and I've got no clue as to whether the writing in question is journalism, book writing in general, copywriting, publicity or what. The veterans on here will take this knowledge for granted. Doesn't matter really but context is always useful.

Comment

Aha.

http://www.flamewarriorsguide.com

Comment

Mid-table. Occasional insightful point, occasional idiocy, but never scaling the heights nor plumbing the depths. I know my place, and happy to be here.

Comment

Try to be an all-rounder, posting on all the subforums, but can turn into a jack of all trades.

Comment

I don't think of myself, nor (I hope) anyone else in those terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                        I don't think of myself, nor (I hope) anyone else in those terms.
                        We just don't know enough about each other to be able to make those kinds of judgments - our forum personae are only a small fraction of who we are.

Thus I'd interpret Gero's "where do you see yourself" as how you see your forum identity rather trying to work out whom you "truly" are as reflected in OTF, because OTF can't perform the latter role and it would be deeply unhealthy to do self-diagnosis via social media.
                        Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 14-04-2019, 14:52.

Comment

Hopefully slightly above Rod Liddle. But obviously not as famous for being a reactionary troll.

Comment

It's a flat hierarchy and I regard you all as equals.

Comment

That's perfect.

Comment

In the corner of the OTF members's club, in a nice comfy chair, reading the local paper whilst keeping one eye on the golf. And tutting at any ribaldry.

Comment

Impact sub.

Comment

Still a noob.

Comment

Village idiot.

Comment

Sir?

Comment

The grizzled veteran who, as a result, becomes more selective with his posting activity.

Comment

When we last did something like this ("If OTF was a pub what kind of regular would you be" ...or something like that). I said I'd be the old geezer in the corner, sucking his teeth and mumbling to himself while nursing half-a-pint of mild until closing time.

Nothing's changed.

Comment

The quiet one in the corner who doesn't pipe up much.

Unlike this guy: http://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/wa...tm/allcaps.htm

Comment

So, people aren't really placing themselves within the hierarchy because, of course, there isn't really one. Types or perceived images are being provided instead but in such a typically self-effacing way that everyone is playing down their contribution to what makes OTF what it is: highly opinionated, political, intellectually engaging, informative, emotionally-supportive and very, very witty.

Comment

Not in the clique.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X