Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many fingers do you use when typing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a pretty quick and accurate touch typist - I was one of only 2 males in typing class at school. I selected this option when it became apparent I'd be working with computers for the rest of my life, and it's proved to be an excellent choice. Hats off to 14 year old me.

I still have an old IBM Model M keyboard, the greatest keyboard ever made, but the serial connector on the cable is seriously massive and I've never got round to working out how to get a USB connection on there. It's wonderfully tactile and each key press is SO FUCKING LOUD. I would love to use it in this office.
    Last edited by andrew7610; 12-04-2019, 10:44. Reason: bastard typo

Comment

Originally posted by andrew7610 View Post
      I still have an old IBM Model M keyboard, the greatest keyboard ever made, but the serial connector on the cable is seriously massive and I've never got round to working out how to get a USB connection on there. It's wonderfully tactile and each key press is SO FUCKING LOUD. I would love to use it in this office.
      You need something like this.

Otherwise, those things sell for very good money nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post

You need something like this.

Otherwise, those things sell for very good money nowadays.
        Unfortunately mine has a DIN-5 connection...

Comment

Self-taught typist. Index and middle on each hand, right thumb does space bar. Left pinky does Caps Shift duty, right pinky does Enter duty.

Seems to work for me, I'm pretty quick and accurate.

EDIT: When it comes to the number pad it's right index all the way. Although I am almost supernaturally quick at that, what with my job being numbers-based.
          Last edited by Toby Gymshorts; 12-04-2019, 22:13.

Comment

Working...
          X