Nothing on Amanda Knox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing on Amanda Knox?

Is there somewhere one can go to get the 'true' facts about the case, and not the adulterated ones like I've been reading?

Comment

Nothing on Amanda Knox?

This was a pretty good account. I thought

Comment

Nothing on Amanda Knox?

There was someone who was convicted with fairly convincing foresnic evidence, right? Has this changed the verdict in his case at all?

Comment

Nothing on Amanda Knox?

Pizzaville
          From what I read, the crime scene was handled in an extremely ham-handed way...
          Needed more pineapple.

But hawaii man, jv, what's tomato with you? Not really on, that.

Isn't New York the actual Pizzaville, anyway?

Comment

Nothing on Amanda Knox?

Inca, no. Guede wasn't part of this proceeding (and the prosecution's theory allows for all three of them to be culpable).

Comment

Nothing on Amanda Knox?

Don't tell the Neapolitans that. I once got in an argument with a guy who refused to accept that anything made outside of Naples qualified as pizza.

Also, I think the fact there's a half dozen books on this case, with a least one more to follow (Foxy Knoxy hasn't written her book yet, no?) gives me quite a bit of pause before pronouncing any journalist's account as reliable. And the British media's point of view is no more reliable than the American media's point of view on this, they've been obsessed by the narrative of the hot temptress murderer.

Comment

Nothing on Amanda Knox?

I believe they've an EU local cuisine designation.

Comment

Nothing on Amanda Knox?

Diable Rouge wrote: I believe they've an EU local cuisine designation.
                  I think the designation only mandates that the producer prepare "Neapolitan pizza" in a certain fashion, not that it can only be prepared in Naples.

Comment

Nothing on Amanda Knox?

I think Sollecito is the neglected figure, actually. Sollecito and his knife collection.

Comment

Nothing on Amanda Knox?

Well, that's a relief, i wasn't prepared to go all the way to Napoli for a "hot temptress murderer".

Comment

Nothing on Amanda Knox?

alyxandr wrote: Well, that's a relief, i wasn't prepared to go all the way to Napoli for a "hot temptress murderer".
                        I feel like Sophia Loren needs to be mentioned here.

Comment

Nothing on Amanda Knox?

Not the most elegant thing to say, but when the Italian magistrates pull up to the courtroom in this car, it's hard to treat them with respect, dignity, or honor.

This case is about as far away from Giovanni Falcone as it gets.

Comment

Nothing on Amanda Knox?

Didn't you threaten to leave when someone used the word "septics" about Americans? But Pizzaville is cool, is it? and I don't think the United States justice system has a great deal to boast about.

Comment

Nothing on Amanda Knox?

ursus arctos wrote: Inca, no. Guede wasn't part of this proceeding (and the prosecution's theory allows for all three of them to be culpable).
                              But he wasn't mentioned as part of the original trial, right? And now that they have convicted him, they're now going to say that the others originally tried were in on it with him the whole time?

Comment

Nothing on Amanda Knox?

The trials were separate, yes.

It seems strange to "Anglo Saxons", but it is a feature of Italian criminal procedure that the parties can introduce new evidence and theories on appeal. For example, the reversal of the original sentence on appeal was grounded in the appeal court's re-examination of the forensic evidence (including new expert reports).

Comment

Nothing on Amanda Knox?

Interesting. So at what point does the state no longer get to appeal and introduce new evidence, or can they just keep going as long as they don't get the sentence that they want?

Comment

Nothing on Amanda Knox?

I don't see anything all that wrong, and my Italian cousins don't (as I asked them,) but mea culpa and all of that. I'm a hypocrite, a liar, and you got me. Into the spanking machine for me.

Comment

La Repubblica reports today that the house where the murder occurred has been converted into a Bed and Breakfast . . .

Comment

Working...
                                      X