No announcement yet.

Piers Morgan - Transphobe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helen Lewis and Jason Cowley are the worst kind of centrists, and have made the NS almost unreadable barring Stephen Bush and George Eaton. That article was like a who's who of terrible people. bindel! Linehan! Jokes about blue haired feminists! Fucking scumbags.

Comment

"Gender critical" - nope, that would require critical thinking and empathy

Comment

Helen Lewis, Stephen Pollard and Hadley Freeman

what a threesome

https://twitter.com/HadleyFreeman/status/1131282262279032834

Comment

Julie Bindel outed her teenage son as a "grass addict" in a Guardian column unless I'm mistaken. Fuckin despicable person.

Comment

Also not sure how Freeman's point about deriding Mumsnet=misogyny squares with some of the most withering takedowns of the site coming from the likes of Dawn Foster. My mum thinks it's the worst kind of middle class tripe ffs, guess that's false consciousness from her. Self hating Maw.
            Last edited by Lang Spoon; 22-05-2019, 21:24.

Comment

It's an awful article, truly disgusting in its falsehoods. Very depressing to learn there are so many people calling themselves feminists who outrageously lie about transgender in this way.
              Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 22-05-2019, 21:26.

Comment

"One of the few men to speak out about this". Yes, we never really hear from men on the whole trans thing, do we?

Comment

Well quite.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if that horrible wee man Wings over Scotland manages to spilt the SNP over self id. Fucking insanity.

Comment

What the fuck is wrong with these people. This is as insanely pointless as it is pointlessly cruel.

Comment

Jesus that's uncanny, I found myself wondering how do people actually wind up involved in this bullshit, and what do they hear, or encounter that sets them up to think that way. And I found myself wondering back to what was the first time I encountered something remotely along these lines or heard any discussion about such matters, Now I had seen that old staple of men dressing up as women for comedy before, but the first time I had come across anyone who said "The clothes aren't the basis for the humour, this is actually what I like to wear" was Seeing Eddie Izzard and particularly his action transvestite bit when I was about 12. I thought he was just the funniest person I had ever seen, so he could have told us that he murdered dogs, and I'd probably have been fine with that. Then I come down the stairs, and turned on the TV and Eddie Izzard is on the tommy tiernan show talking about that actual fucking routine, and how he didn't really have the words at the time to explain about being transgender even to himself, and how over time other people had opened up the space for help him better understand himself. (and Now I'm eyeing every pronoun there, and wondering have I just committed a hate crime)

Anyway he's doing a show in Dublin and my sister owes me a birthday present.
                        Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 25-05-2019, 21:57.

Comment

Fresh off the press - an excellent example of how the press misrepresent, distort and sensationalise to attack trans people.

[URL]https://twitter.com/AdrianHarrop/status/1132541240036265985[/URL]

Comment

Great Twitter thread by Parker Molloy on trans athletes:

https://twitter.com/parkermolloy/sta...404512263?s=12

Comment

Someone from my local terf group was in manchester this week and put up one of their shitty "adult human female" stickers on the People's History Museum's protest wall. They tweeted a photo of it, and whoever was doing the social media admin RT'd it without noticing the sticker or its significance.

About ten minute's later they noticed, removed the sticker, and acknowledged the nature of it (as well as re-stating their policy about removing anything that directs hostility on the grounds of gender, race, religion or sexuality).

And yet check-out the PHM's mentions on twitter. There's about currently over 200 direct replies, and hundreds of other responses to other tweets and harassing a historian who curated the PHM's suffragette's exhibition.
                              https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=phmmcr&src=typd

Mentioning this because the whole episode is simultaneously totally bizarre and also completely representative. The whole sequence - terfs do a stunt to try and make a space hostile for trans people, org makes it clear they support trans people, terfs spend three days shouting at their social media presence online - is very common.

The levels of hostility mobilised against anyone opposing transphobia (or mobilised against trans people for existing) is just hard to comprehend.

But it also i guess reflects the way that cult-like organisations/millieus work - status is built on the level of imagined or real "censorship". And the more hostile you are to trans people, the more you'll be "censored" for it. Asked to leave an event cos you keep shouting slurs at trans women - you'll be on the next WPUK panel. Have your twitter account deactivated for inciting violence? You'll be held up as a martyr.

The one thing that's clear is it all has fuck all to do with feminism.

Comment

Jeezus. Have thrown them a couple of likes and a supportive Tweet but am too knackered to get into fights with horrible terfs.

Comment

Yes, Jo Grady has been copping a load of criticism for having the temerity to use a blocker to minimise that kind of abuse.

Another example of how really nasty anti-trans groups are trying to stay respectable, abetted by the media. Please don't be fooled by groups or individuals like this.

[URL]https://twitter.com/transscribe/status/1134448347299897345[/URL]

Comment

This is appalling - Munroe Bergdorf has been summarily dumped by the NSPCC following abuse from a Times journalist. Don't read or buy The Times.

[URL]https://twitter.com/MunroeBergdorf/status/1137407382412234752[/URL]

Comment

The Times is being sued by one of its former editors for transphobic discrimination.

Hope she wins and they go bust
                                      https://www.buzzfeed.com/patrickstru...-former-editor

Comment

Seems like the Women's Sections of the Westboro Baptist Church are celebrating Pride Month by openly insinuating that LGBT amab people are threats to children.

My local bigots are harassing a kindegarten teacher who's also a drag performer, and fresh on the heels of getting Munroe Bergdorf sacked, terfs are trying to get a gay man sacked from NSPCC for wearing rubber, all the while openly sharing far-right homophobia. They seem, for the moment, to be waging a general campaign against queer sexuality.

It's very clear that nebulous safeguarding concerns are a proxy for a New Section 28. My local bigots are openly supportive of the Birmingham schools protests for example. Of course, trans people have been warning about this stuff for years.

It's also interesting that transgender trend, which has been widely criticised by actual safeguarding experts for its advice that teachers out trans children to their parents against their will, has launched a crowdfunding drive. They've received a number of large single donations (including at least two of £5,000 each). All highly suspicious...

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarre Löw Triangle View Post
                                          terfs are trying to get a gay man sacked from NSPCC for wearing rubber
                                          Is it not the case that he wore rubber to work, masturbated, and uploaded a video of it to the internet, mentioning where he worked? I mean, they're still dicks obv, but if that's the case (and I'm genuinely asking here, I've no idea what to believe on Twitter any more) he can't really be surprised if he gets the sack.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post

Is it not the case that he wore rubber to work, masturbated, and uploaded a video of it to the internet, mentioning where he worked? I mean, they're still dicks obv, but if that's the case (and I'm genuinely asking here, I've no idea what to believe on Twitter any more) he can't really be surprised if he gets the sack.
                                            He said "at work" He didn't mention his workplace. Those who are doxxing him found his video, in an area where it was generally only visible to others with similar interests.
                                            Last edited by Nefertiti2; 13-06-2019, 06:54.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post

I don't think wanking in the toilets is particularly appropriate behaviour at work (if he was at work when he posted the video). But it's not a "safeguarding risk" - and whether he should be subject to a disciplinary for inappropriate behaviour or whatever is a materially different matter from "your celebrity liason officer is a risk to children, who they don't actually work with".

It's all about policing queer sexualities and weaponising that against someone trying to provide resources for trans kids. When I wrote that post yesterday, the terfs hadn't found the video but were still demanding he got sacked.

We should be careful about legitimate concernsing about wanking at work when the broader point is the homophobic insinuation that gay men are a danger to kids - something that's done in the service of depriving lgbt kids of any avenues of support/affirmation.

Comment

New LGB Alliance formed specifically to peddle an anti-trans agenda.

Comment

Fuckin Linehan is on board of course.

Comment

Linehan’s done an amazing job. Anyone with any concerns or doubts about the issue has surely been persuaded out of them by his consistent cuntiness.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X