No announcement yet.

Then, Preston, so...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to jog to catch the train, judging by the heavy breathing in the carriage, i was not the only one! It was lovely to finally meet in real life Rogin and Ad Hoc, we have indeed known each other for many, many years and the nature of this board means we shared online a bit more than just mundane banalities. Good to see Mumpo again, he has more hair than last time i saw him but still has this slightly manic Duracell bunny energy and enthusiasm that makes him so endearing...

Comment

Flattery will get you everywhere!

Good to see all of you ('again' where applicable). Fishergate (Preston's main shopping thoroughfare) is an interesting place after dark.

Comment

I was less than subtly referencing that earlier on the thread. I only hope Ad hoc, having been to many economically deprived places and many even war-torn ones, didn't take one look at Preston and think "fucked if I'm going there again."
        Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 08-04-2019, 14:53.

Comment

I have found the place quite pleasant to be honest, obviously it's rough around the edges like most northern towns but the walk from the train station to the pub did not exactly scream "deprived hellhole" to me. I do live in such a place so I'm quite easily pleased mind....

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
            I was less than subtly referencing that earlier on the thread. I only hope Ad hoc, having been to many economically deprived places and many even war-torn ones, didn't take one look at Preston and think "fucked if I'm going there again."
            Seemed alright to me, though my next stop was Stoke, so, that may have helped.

The people who came to the thing I was at from Gaza did, however, say, "What kind of benighted derelict wasteland is this?"

Comment

I had an interview in Preston once to do a journalism course. I wasn't accepted. Otherwise I could be posting now about my three years in Preston.

Comment

Working...
              X