No announcement yet.

Chuka Can't: The IG Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One suspects they'll quietly slink into the Lib Dems during the summer silly season.

Comment

They'd be crazy to accept someone like Soubry if they are trying to get away from the Austerity baggage. Let alone Chukka.

Comment

Fair play, this viral marketing scheme for this new BBC sitcom has really captured the imagination
        Last edited by Bizarre Löw Triangle; 16-05-2019, 19:04.

Comment

It's getting even funnier... https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/stat...773458433?s=19

Comment

It reminds me of those sting operations in which the police round up the city's dumbest fugitives by telling them that they have won large screen TVs or sports tickets and just need to pick them up.

Comment

I just hope that they've invited a TV company to do a fly-on-the-wall documentary on their inevitable ascent to power, from their founding press conference onwards.

Comment

please, please, please let it be so

Comment

Part of the reason this is so funny is it's people who were considered ruthless political operators four or five years ago when they had the ability to bully and undermine the left showing they're clowns who believe nothing and are incapable of relating to people on any register other than "incompetent hr functionary".

Comment

This is special

[URL]https://twitter.com/duncanrobinson/status/1129303842401804288?s=21[/URL]

Comment

I find it enjoyable, whenever I see a photo or video clip of another one of their disasterously misjudged attempts to make an impression, to quietly hum the theme tune from Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarre Löw Triangle View Post
                        Part of the reason this is so funny is it's people who were considered ruthless political operators four or five years ago when they had the ability to bully and undermine the left showing they're clowns who believe nothing and are incapable of relating to people on any register other than "incompetent hr functionary".
                        They were only considered political heavyweights by the 24 hour newsmedia who need a steady stream of gossip to fill their hours. Nobody had heard of them outside their constituencies.
                        The most high profile of them was Umana and thats only because he has a funny name for an Irishman.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post
                          The most high profile of them was Umana and thats only because he has a funny name for an Irishman
                          Tiocfaidh Ó Maonaigh is actually quite a common name in Ireland

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

They were only considered political heavyweights by the 24 hour newsmedia who need a steady stream of gossip to fill their hours. Nobody had heard of them outside their constituencies.
                            The most high profile of them was Umana and thats only because he has a funny name for an Irishman.
                            Ah, the old Shawshank Redemption gag!

Comment

Still, Joan Ryan, hands and....Look! A dead cat.

[URL]https://twitter.com/joanryanEnfield/status/1129164323090255872[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post

Ah, the old Shawshank Redemption gag!
                                Don't blame me. Berba claimed him for Ireland and Nigeria will not be lodging an appeal. We have an excess of useless politicians

Comment

http://twitter.com/cathynewman/status/1131226742457348096

Comment

Umunna and Allen reportedly want to defect to the Lib Dems - more to the point, why would the latter want them, when they've only just managed to shed their toxicity?

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                                      Umunna and Allen reportedly want to defect to the Lib Dems - more to the point, why would the latter want them, when they've only just managed to shed their toxicity?
                                      The lib dems haven't shed their toxicity - they've just found a constituency who are angry about brexit but don't give a fuck about austerity. The tiggers are a perfect fit for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarre Löw Triangle View Post

The lib dems haven't shed their toxicity - they've just found a constituency who are angry about brexit but don't give a fuck about austerity. The tiggers are a perfect fit for that.
                                        I think it's a touch more complicated than that. There are probably a lot of people who think both are intertwined (as in Brexit would create the conditions for further austerity) but didn't think the Greens were viable in their constituency or found the Lib Dems more convincingly Remainer, since it's a thing of theirs for a pretty long time now.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post

I think it's a touch more complicated than that. There are probably a lot of people who think both are intertwined (as in Brexit would create the conditions for further austerity) but didn't think the Greens were viable in their constituency or found the Lib Dems more convincingly Remainer, since it's a thing of theirs for a pretty long time now.
                                          I'm not sure - I think there's lots of ex-tories on the lib dem bandwagon now. Either way anyone who finds the tiggers too toxic to vote for probably isn't going to have forgiven the lib dems.

Comment

I voted Lib Dems in the euros but I wouldn't vote for a Tigger in the general. Or a Lib Dem, for that matter.

Comment

Split now official - Soubry to lead remaining five.

Comment

What a shower they are.

Comment

The cheek of Soubry today:

“The Conservatives are heading for a historic split” With #Labour facing yet another crisis exposing their deep divisions we need, more than ever, a new party for the centre ground, determined to fix our broken politics @ForChange_Now #changepolitics "

Comment

Nandos, this evening.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X