No announcement yet.

Chuka Can't: The IG Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for most people it still will be- except the Conservative party are the Party of Shit on a Stick led by Satan. The company run by Chuka Umunna and co- (not a party for tax and privacy purposes) will win no seats. though it may ensure a Conservative Government.

Comment

The LibDems could sign a non-aggression pact with them I guess (not standing in each other's winnable seats, assuming such seats can be pinpointed).

Comment

Erm, are this group going to have candidates in other constituencies, or is it just going to be sitting MPs trying to hang onto their seats? It occurs to me that for all the huge amount of noise these people are making, there may not be much more than 30=40 people involved in this party, including all their journalist fans.

Comment

It's going to be fascinating to see what develops. For all that the TIggers are saying about new politics/broken politics/centrist politics both the Conservative and Labour parties are actually relatively electorally popular at the moment and I don't detect any great clamour for a New Labour 2.0. It's just that Brexit is scrambling the picture at the moment. A space may open up for them if Labour moves further to the left or wins power and fucks up big-time and/or the Conservatives elect an ERG type to succeed May and powers off to the right. But absent either of those I just don't see what comes next.

TBH I don't think that there's a grand plan - I think a bunch of MPs who can't stand their local party members or Parliamentary colleagues are just going to have a few years pleasing themselves and seeing what transpires.

Comment

That's true. In 1983 Labour got 27.6% whereas even these unreliable polls with the fantasy IG numbers give Labour 32%, which is lower than what they'd get in reality because I'd expect their campaign to be far better than the likely Tory shambles.
            Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 24-02-2019, 01:59.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
              Erm, are this group going to have candidates in other constituencies, or is it just going to be sitting MPs trying to hang onto their seats? It occurs to me that for all the huge amount of noise these people are making, there may not be much more than 30=40 people involved in this party, including all their journalist fans.
              Apparently they’re going to stand in marginals, which is a tacit admission that they’ll be wiped out if they stood in their own seats. Other than Angela Smith and Ian Austin, everybody sits in a safe Labour seat that will be won by the Labour candidate next time around. And those two won’t win locally either, just their constituencies are marginal enough that they may act as an effective spoiler.

Comment

The headline polling numbers aren't what you need to look at. The approval levels are historically low across the board. Which isn't to say the Tiggers will be popular either.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynnie
                  And [Austin] won’t win locally either, just [the] constituencies are marginal enough that they may act as an effective spoiler.
                  Dudley won't be marginal next time- the Tories locally have hoovered up the ex UKIP vote from 2015

Comment

Some balanced coverage from the Sunday Times

https://twitter.com/danbloom1/status/1099595375369953280?s=12

Comment

Anti-Christian!

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                        It's UK Renua, isn't it?

Comment

A car crash

(with big hair)

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1099617640224514055

Comment

Yep, Renua.

A new type of politics by the same old shower.

Comment

https://twitter.com/Lafargue/status/1099665348637294592

Comment

Why won't tweets display in my phone version of the board? All I get are the links.

Comment

Take a look at post 13375 on this thread

Comment

What a fucking awful bunch of arseholes.

Comment

I don't understand what's going on with links on this board.

Comment

We can't see what you are seeing.

Comment

Ah, I tried to post this Tom Sharpe/Thick Of It style photograph of Chuka and his cronies at Nando's, but it wouldn't hyperlink - it just displayed a link to Twitter and then I couldn't edit it, and accidentally deleted it. I haven't got the heart to go and find it again; it really is ghastly.

Comment

And now I've responded to a post that's no longer there

Comment

Comment

There they are. Awful, awful people.

Comment

It certainly is.

You need to uncheck the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box in the pop up that is triggered by hitting the button.

Comment

It looks like one of Johnson's awkward team-bonding meals in Peep Show.

Gavin Shuker can't catch a break with these Tigger group photos, can he:

Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 25-02-2019, 21:58.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X