Body Modification Conviction.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body Modification Conviction.

A tattooist/body modifier has been convicted of 3 counts of GBH for removing someone's nipple, splitting someone else's tongue and splitting an earlobe. All the modifications were carried out with the permission of the clients, there has been no long-lasting harm (unless you count the modifications) and, indeed, the guy who had his nipple removed says that he feels much better and his self-esteem has been improved. The charges can carry a custodial charge but, from the judge's comments, it looks like they won't but the guy still has a criminal record with all chances for appeal now ended. The precedent for this is the R V. Brown case where a group of gay guys were convicted for consensual sado-masochistic sex. I was wondering whether to put this in the FGM thread only because there is a case there where an adult woman decided to have FGM done to her. Of course, the dividing line between her and other victims of FGM is age and consent. I said on that thread that whatever adults want to do to their own body is up to them and, regardless of the fact that the modifications make me wince overtime I hear about them, I feel that is right here. However, the Nigerian woman is facing five years in prison (the mutilators face 10 years) for being circumcised and I am not quite sure that I disagree with that.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...ef=uk-homepage
    Last edited by Bored Of Education; 12-02-2019, 20:21.

I'll just leave this here

Comment

R v Brown is a disgusting verdict. But I take it your man here was performing these modifications for money. Which adds another layer to the case.

Comment

Working...
      X