Hunters & Collectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    I don't have any camo clothing or footwear.
    Doesn't it get a little chilly walking around barefoot at this time of year?

Comment

Ah ha, ah ha. No.

Comment

I collect football programmes but only from matches I've been to. I'm currently looking for four which I wasn't able to obtain on the day of the game, down from about ten, but not with the obsession of a couple of real collectors I know. Also, maps, and in particular one-inch Ordnance Survey. I'm a regular in charity and secondhand book shops. But not obsessive: I've not bought a map online, yet.
        Last edited by Capybara; 12-02-2019, 11:36.

Comment

I loosely speaking collect church guidebooks, in part because I’m interested in church architecture and in part as examples of independent local publishing. I’m not especially interested in the guidebooks of churches I haven’t visited and if a particular example was too expensive (say, a fiver) or I disapproved of it on aesthetic grounds (almost certainly that it was deemed to be “too glossy”), I’d happily not buy it. So hardcore I ain’t. Not sure how many I’ve got - eighty or so, I should think.

Comment

This thread gives me a Beautiful South earworm.

Comment

Can for me.

Comment

As I've mentioned more than once before, I used to collect newspaper cartoon collections: stuff like If, Alex, Doonesbury, Bloom County, Dilbert, The Perishers etc. I seem to have stopped doing that.

Comment

Working...
                X