No announcement yet.

Compromising.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I were alone evenings, I'd be watching Pawn Stars / American Pickers / American Restoration / Counting Cars on almost endless loop. As a couple, we binge interesting series on Netflix.

Comment

Film-wise, I dearly love old movies. Anything black and white, right through sixties beach movies and musicals. She can't stand anything like that.

Comment

I do it all the time, about all kinds of things. And it's fine because she makes my life way more awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
          I do it all the time, about all kinds of things. And it's fine because she makes my life way more awesome.
          Yeah, that.

It's been two days since my fiancée dragged me to yoga class, and my belly muscles are killing me.
          Last edited by Wouter D; 11-02-2019, 19:12. Reason: accent on the wrong e. My French teacher would be most disappointed.

Comment

Isn't compromise just what you do in any relationship? Mrs D is tidier and cleaner than me, firmer with the kids. I compromise by trying to keep to her higher standards, she compromises by doing more of the dirty work. She gets things the way she likes them, I get a beautiful home, great kids and a wife who's a much better and nicer person than I am. I sit with her and chat and watch her bloomin' competitive cooking programmes and comedy panel shows, she indulges me in getting to pretty much whatever matches I want to get to. I get a study filled with football memorabilia and books, she gets a fancy piano. I'll buy her tickets and bring her to a musical which I'll dislike strongly but not let on, she'll tell me to go to Iceland to see Dundalk in the Champions League. It's NOT a this-for-that rulebook, you do this and I'll do that, it's just constant compromise. That's normal innit?
            Last edited by seand; 11-02-2019, 17:10.

Comment

(This isn't *mundane or anything like it, but I am shit at using the search engine function, here)

'Im Indoors, has just let me know how his day has been. I'm half-asleep etc (Celtic), and then I think, 'hang on, he's just said something important' and it is that he has been going to a Chinese doctor for alternative treatment.

Now, I am a relaxed nutter, so I listened, and when he replied to my question "Does it help?" he said, no.

I wondered why we were broke. 27 weeks, twice a week, $100 per session. ... Yeah, that one.

But at least now, I am listening, so it works.

*Wrong thread, and realising that I CAN do the search thing.

Comment

Also, I can't believe that I am in a situation, where I don't notice $5400 going ... elsewhere.

Comment

So if it's not working, is he going to stop?

Comment

Up to him. If it is making him feel better in any way, I will cut off limb parts, to ensure that happens.

But, now that he has my attention...

Comment

What can I say? (Racism alert)

He's fucking inscrutable, at times.

Comment

It's entirely my fault. I've been tired for a while, and not doing my duties as a spouse. I should have been listening. Caring. Giving a shit, generally. I owe him more than, at the very least, that.

Comment

Working...
                        X