Happy LGBT history month (UK version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy LGBT history month (UK version)

So, it's here again. Everyone doing their bit? I have pledged to be gay, all month. Unfortunately, unsponsored.

(Sorry, just joining in with the thread sheep. Only found out it was LGBT month, because I follow Standard Issue on Twitter.)

Not LGBTQ?

Comment

Oh, shit, I've been rumbled of "Queerwashing".

Was it the good looks? The fabulous lashes? Or was it because I forgot, and fought about that fucking word?

I did forget. And you can call yourself what you will. And I do. I have always been strange, but I have never been queer. Not even in fishnets.

Comment

QILTBAG

I've never quite managed "queer" for myself, but that's partly a generational thing, and partly conservatism on my part. I guess those two could be related.

Comment

Yep. It's not what I say about myself.

But it is not my choice for anyone to be unable to say it for themself. And, like it or not, I am pretty sure that I will fight for their right to do so.

(I forgot the "until I die" part, but it's implied.)

Comment

QILTBAG is a more memorable acronym.

One of my favourite films of recent years was Pride. From a history perspective it's fascinating.

Comment

I think I am the only person who just sort of liked Pride but was and remains bemused by how much praise it's had.

Comment

Haven't seen it.

Comment

Working...
                X